Fuel fired bunk heaters
12-04-2016, (Subject: Fuel fired bunk heaters ) 
Fuel fired bunk heaters
I recently purchased a pl@n@r heater and felt I should share. If anyone is considering buying a heater give this brand a look well worth the money in my opinion. It easy to install and use the directions come in English so don't panic.
The kit includes everything needed to install the heater. I personally have not owned any other brand but from what I have been told the s bar and w@b@sto will cook the hide off your feet this heater puts out heat almost like an electric house heater. I am very pleased with it so far and for under $750 you can't go wrong that price includes delivery it's not the exact amount I paid delivery charges vary.
http://www.planarstore.com/ is where I purchased mine the 44d makes a 70 inch bunk nice and toasty.
replyreply
12-04-2016, (Subject: Fuel fired bunk heaters ) 
RE: Fuel fired bunk heaters
That looks very similar to the webasto airtop. Well worth the money not to idle.

For the extra $200 the Hydronic heater would be a better option since it can use both cab and bunk heater cores and engine. Coolant has a slower heat transfer rate than air but requires the installation of a small heater core with thermost and fan in the bunk. The big safety bonus is the unit is located outside so carbon monoxide, fire, is not a danger. Additional bonus, truck starts like a spring day and the oil is already near hot.

A Webasto dbw 2010 (35,000 btu) or dbw 2020 (80,000 btu) will keep the engine and interior at 150 degrees no problem depending on how efficient the the lines are plumbed. Rubatex insulation is highly recommended to exposed lines.
It is also possible to run an additional hydronic circuit to heat the batteries.

The biggest caution is to make sure batteries are in top condition if you run it for more than 8-10 hours. Ideally a separate battery to run circulation pump and bunk fans.

We weathered hurricane Sandy for a week without power comfy cozy thanks to our Webasto and full tanks of fuel in our driveway.

( I wasn't going to leave the house unattended, friends of ours house was looted. My buddies Smith,Wesson, Sam Colt, John Browning were here to back us up!)

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
12-05-2016, (Subject: Fuel fired bunk heaters ) 
Wow it's Russia made.
replyreply
12-05-2016, (Subject: Fuel fired bunk heaters ) 
Yes the heater is Russian made.
And I had no idea that wabasto had such a thing I have checked into there a/c unit a long time ago but didn't find it worth the money to me. if I'm setting somewhere in the summer months I'm out of the truck. I have found a camping hammock to be quite useful under the trailer it's almost always shady in between the frame rails. And window screens with the torpedo fan worked very well in the t800 I had this pete may be a diffrent story it holds heat in the sleeper longer than the kw did.
replyreply
12-06-2016, (Subject: Fuel fired bunk heaters ) 
(12-05-2016 )Johnboy Wrote:  Yes the heater is Russian made.
And I had no idea that wabasto had such a thing I have checked into there a/c unit a long time ago but didn't find it worth the money to me. if I'm setting somewhere in the summer months I'm out of the truck. I have found a camping hammock to be quite useful under the trailer it's almost always shady in between the frame rails. And window screens with the torpedo fan worked very well in the t800 I had this pete may be a diffrent story it holds heat in the sleeper longer than the kw did.

With the new EPA trailer laws/skirt requirements coming for trailers, everyone will have a "tent" with privacy under their trailer in the future... lol

Couple of vice grips,.. and a hammock will do jut fine i would think.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
12-06-2016, (Subject: Fuel fired bunk heaters ) 
(12-06-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  With the new EPA trailer laws/skirt requirements coming for trailers, everyone will have a "tent" with privacy under their trailer in the future... lol

Couple of vice grips,.. and a hammock will do jut fine i would think.

I LOVE lying in a hammock, only thing is I snore when I sleep on my back so there will be no secret where I am, lol.
./uploads/201612/post_2077_1481042353_6e5554227912125af896f9b2621fd08d.jpeg
That, and I'm not skinny enough to hang a hammock under my trailer...guess I need to go on a diet.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
12-08-2016, (Subject: Fuel fired bunk heaters ) 
Hey HH if you ever diet enough to squeeze under that trailer we want a picture!LOL!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.