Aerocab drivers side door leak
12-05-2016, (Subject: Aerocab drivers side door leak ) 
Aerocab drivers side door leak
I've got a 2008 T660. The drivers door leaks air quite badly. It's coming in right on the edge of the door at the bottom right corner (if you were viewing the door from outside the truck). Replaced the primary door seal because it was cracked and torn but yet when i look down from the inside at that corner I can see daylight. No air coming from any other part of the door. Is there an adjustment I can make to get this thing to seal again? Feet get awful cold in any sort of crosswind blowing into the drivers side of the truck.
replyreply
RE: Aerocab drivers side door leak
Sounds like adjustments are needed. I've noticed the t700 I drive that the doors need to be slammed real hard to seal. Or door just wobbles going down the road.
replyreply
RE: Aerocab drivers side door leak
(12-05-2016 )Matt Wrote:  I've got a 2008 T660. The drivers door leaks air quite badly. It's coming in right on the edge of the door at the bottom right corner (if you were viewing the door from outside the truck). Replaced the primary door seal because it was cracked and torn but yet when i look down from the inside at that corner I can see daylight. No air coming from any other part of the door. Is there an adjustment I can make to get this thing to seal again? Feet get awful cold in any sort of crosswind blowing into the drivers side of the truck.

If the door was slammed open in a hard wind, they will do that. Sometimes you can adjust it via the hinge bolts, but many times, they simply get bent and do what you are describing.

I had a columbia a long time ago that I had to drive that was the same way, only it leaked at the top real bad. There was a scar in the hood where the door had slammed outwards so hard, it hit the hood.

I used a roll of duct tape (the whole roll) in the door joint at just the right place, then slammed the door shut, bending it back the other way.

It twisted the door back the other way, and after removing the roll,.. it closed tight again at the top.

It worked, but I almost broke the glass in it too. lol.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.