Service brake problems in wet weather
12-07-2016, (Subject: Service brake problems in wet weather ) 
RE: Service brake problems in wet weather
Did you check the actual pressure to the trailer?
The lack of an application air pressure gauge on late model trucks saves a few bucks but does nothing to help the driver. I always thought it was a valuable tool to have a better feel for the working condition of the trailer brakes running down the road.

Can you rule out the trailer?
I ask because I have lost service line pressure on the trailer due to air leak and it was pretty much like driving with no brakes, very unnerving.
Any large leak in the supply line or somewhere on the trailer?

One thing I do is to dry my brakes in wet or freezing weather by light application often so I have a better feel of how quick they will set up. I hate surprises.

I ran a 2015 FL for awhile and hate them for a number of reasons. First being the actual feel of the truck. I equate it to driving a marshmallow but that is probably more because I learned to drive trucks that were more like tanks. Somewhere in between is the happy medium.

There have been problems associated with RSD (reduced stopping distance) brakes from glazing and brake valves not seating. I would check that you can get a full 90+ psi to the trailer.

List of recall items on 2015 Freightliner,
http://www.arfc.org/commercial/freightli...calls.aspx

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Service brake problems in wet weather - in2trux - 12-07-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.