Service brake problems in wet weather
10-05-2017, (Subject: Service brake problems in wet weather ) 
RE: Service brake problems in wet weather
(10-05-2017 )dalexis Wrote:  Hey guys sorry to bring this post back but still having problems with the brakes. It rained really hard today for the first time in a while and the brake problem reared its head again. Brake pedal felt like a brick and had to use the trailer brake valve to slow truck.

I found a service bulletin 42-69 excessive moisture in the air system but the truck is not having any of the symptoms it describes. This "ONLY" happens when it rains really hard and there is no error code.

Found a post on another forum about the rain trough under the windshield leaking down onto the compressor. Kind of leaning in that direction. Was thinking of maybe taking a couple gallons of water and try to replicate the heavy rain to see if it is in fact leaking onto the compressor. This is on a 2016 freightliner cascadia.

Thoughts?

If your getting water in the air system, then the tanks will be full of it. Open the bleed valves and see if the tanks are full of water. If so, then your decadent filter/ air dryer filter element is toast along with any other problems you might be having.

If could also be polished brake pads form someone overheating them badly too. Water gets on the shoes and they stop having any friction on them if they are glazed over. - I would replace the all the pads while your at it if they have any signs of this.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: trucklogger2

Messages In This Thread
RE: Service brake problems in wet weather - Rawze - 10-05-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.