ODD Cummins oil pressure
12-12-2016, (Subject: ODD Cummins oil pressure ) 
RE: ODD Cummins oil pressure
I was never a huge fan of rotella. I know far too much about oil to like it as a oil, there are far too many oils out there that are way better quality..... But this depends on what your doing and how your thinking. When I wanted to extend oil drains and run the best oils I ran mobil''s best full synthetic and I still ate my cam.

I then switched to rotella cause it's cheap as borscht and I'm changing my oil every 10,000 to 15,000 kilometers (or whenever it starts getting black) but now I'm buying Canadian tire oil cause rotella t4 is expensive.

I get a real warm and fuzzy feeling seeing clean oil in my diesel engine, she's running better then ever and getting better mileage then when I ran synthetic.

So in theory and in a lab and on paper, rotella may not be near as good as mobil 1 le 5w30 I was running, in real life I am seeing better results for the same overall cost.

Maybe my motor would be better off if I ran the synthetic and changed it as often as I change the rotella but that would be a rediculous amount of money and I don't think I need too, there are no contaminants in my oil as it is now.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODD Cummins oil pressure - Brock - 12-12-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.