Broken Retainer clips Fuel line
12-14-2016, (Subject: Broken Retainer clips Fuel line ) 
Broken Retainer clips Fuel line
Can the elbow be replace or the retainer clip or do you have buy a whole new fuel line, I have tried to get the elbow out but it stuck

./uploads/201612/post_2347_1481757356_f8216409d59c8256a44699857966385c.jpg

User's Signature: I stand on a square, I am always seeking light... Just old traveling man lost in the wilderness my compass is pointing me to the East!!!!
replyreply
RE: Broken Retainer clips Fuel line
I think you got to get the whole line but I have saw many drivers who took tie straps and use them to hold it in....
replyreply
(12-14-2016 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  I think you got to get the whole line but I have saw many drivers who took tie straps and use them to hold it in....

Thank you I guess I have to get (2) new lines. Those little buzzers broke easily!!!!! Thank you for answering my question.... Happy Holidays!!!!!!!

User's Signature: I stand on a square, I am always seeking light... Just old traveling man lost in the wilderness my compass is pointing me to the East!!!!
replyreply
(12-14-2016 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  I think you got to get the whole line but I have saw many drivers who took tie straps and use them to hold it in....

That would be ok to get you off the side of the road to go get it fixed, but a fuel line should never be held in place by zip-ties for any length of time byond absolutely necessary,... safety hazard.

If the line is brittle and it snapped the fittings,... replace the lines and fittings too. Go through the whole fuel system so that more of them do not do the same to you. -- Cheap insurance vs being stuck in the middle of no-where.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(12-14-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  

That would be ok to get you off the side of the road to go get it fixed, but a fuel line should never be held in place by zip-ties for any length of time byond absolutely necessary,... safety hazard.

If the line is brittle and it snapped the fittings,... replace the lines and fittings too. Go through the whole fuel system so that more of them do not do the same to you. -- Cheap insurance vs being stuck in the middle of no-where.

These are the lines coming off the IFMS that I am replacing. I am going have to try to find the part number for these lines. I am tired of calling up to my local dealer to try find a part they always got to order and charge me overnight fee 45.00. Every time I go up there they always have to order for Atlanta. (Living in Florida is nice but its hard to find parts for my truck) I might just move to Forsyth GA where I have 2 acres land that my in laws gave to me and my wife!!!!

replyreply
12-17-2016, (Subject: Broken Retainer clips Fuel line ) 
Are those clips available at any auto parts store? Or does anyone know who makes them?
replyreply
12-18-2016, (Subject: Broken Retainer clips Fuel line ) 
(12-17-2016 )ClarkWGriswold Wrote:  Are those clips available at any auto parts store? Or does anyone know who makes them?

No i had to buy them from international dealer. I have a Prostar here is the part number # 3559213C2. What I did to replace the fitting was heat the line slowly with a heat gun on low and had my wife pull the fitting at the same time and then use a little heat to put the new one back into the line. I later found out only thing I had to do was squeeze on them to take it out. The retainer clip threw me off but I paid 26.00 a piece for one. I will post the part number for the one going to the tank

replyreply
12-19-2016, (Subject: Broken Retainer clips Fuel line ) 
Just an update on those hose ends. They are made by a company called Voss, and they are the model 246 standard quick connectors. I haven't had any luck yet finding a place to buy them online, but I'm still looking.

{added by Rawze for reference} ..
http://www.voss.de/files/auto_400_downlo...em_246.pdf
replyreply
12-19-2016, (Subject: Broken Retainer clips Fuel line ) 
That type of fitting is also referred to as safe-lock fittings, and or JS2044 fittings too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.