I SX 2350 regen issues – please help!
12-15-2016, (Subject: I SX 2350 regen issues – please help! ) 
I SX 2350 regen issues – please help!
299,000 miles. First The NOX sensor went bad – Replaced. Then the dozer valve went bad – replaced. Removed DPF and DOC and had them cleaned. Next it was the DPF differential sensor – replaced. My DPF system, not long after cleaning, was constantly performing regents until the level became critically high. That is when I originally found this site. I had my DPF and DOC cleaned again. While they were being cleaned for the second time in two months, I performed the EGR tuneup. Re-installed the DOC and DPF yesterday, System began to perform Constant regents again after only a few miles. Soot level is again critically high. I have calibrated the ECM with updates Since the NOX sensor went up. I do have Cummins insight. Not sure where to begin at this point. Should I replace the three temperature sensors on the DOC and DPF? Could the DPF differential sensor I replaced be malfunctioning? Could the EGR valve be bad? If so I figured it should throw a code. Could this be a internal engine problem? could this be a wiring problem? anything I am missing? Where the heck should I start? Please advise of any suggestions on where I should begin. Your help will be greatly appreciated. I am frustrated but not giving up until I fix it myself. I refuse to take to a dealer.
replyreply
RE: I SX 2350 regen issues – please help!
Did you perform the DPF Restriction Test per Ins1te? I had mine cleaned at a Cummins Shop, nothing unusual from the outside, but they did the test and it FAILED!!....so I had the DPF replaced.....costly.

Before you spend any more $$$...and wasted time on small problems, do the restriction test, I believe you have a stuffed-up DPF, from some internal engine problem.

User's Signature: You want how much?
replyreply
Yes, and after your reply I feel like an a-hole. It did fail but when I checked it said "no performance issues" as a result of the failure so I continued. Question - If a restriction test fails, does that always mean the Filter should be replaced? I am asking for future reference. Thanks for your response.
replyreply
I will be replacing the filter this weekend
replyreply
12-16-2016, (Subject: I SX 2350 regen issues – please help! ) 
(12-15-2016 )scottydogtruck Wrote:  Did you perform the DPF Restriction Test per Ins1te? I had mine cleaned at a Cummins Shop, nothing unusual from the outside, but they did the test and it FAILED!!....so I had the DPF replaced.....costly.

Before you spend any more $$$...and wasted time on small problems, do the restriction test, I believe you have a stuffed-up DPF, from some internal engine problem.

Jeez! You'd think that part of the Cleaning Process would be a flow test BEFORE they returned the damn thing! No sense returning an internally plugged freshly cleansed DPF to a customer???

sorry, I know my post is of zero help value, just a rant at the nonsense of returning a "cleaned" DPF that is still plugged...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
(12-16-2016 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(12-15-2016 )scottydogtruck Wrote:  Did you perform the DPF Restriction Test per Ins1te? I had mine cleaned at a Cummins Shop, nothing unusual from the outside, but they did the test and it FAILED!!....so I had the DPF replaced.....costly.

Jeez! You'd think that part of the Cleaning Process would be a flow test BEFORE they returned the damn thing! No sense returning an internally plugged freshly cleansed DPF to a customer???

sorry, I know my post is of zero help value, just a rant at the nonsense of returning a "cleaned" DPF that is still plugged...

Zero value, not so. I just learned that there is such procedure called a flow test, Thank's

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
After you cleaned dpf You should reset aftertreatment maintenance history with insite.
Also you suppose replace imap, delta egr anf exhaust pressure sensors.
Did you do forced regen with insite? What were numbers? Good regen should be close to 1inHg

User's Signature: Cascadia ISX15 CM2350
replyreply
Yes, I did the maintenance reset, egr tune up, and regen with insite. Hg's showed 1.6 after forced regen.
replyreply
(12-16-2016 )RSCTRANS Wrote:  Yes, I did the maintenance reset, egr tune up, and regen with insite. Hg's showed 1.6 after forced regen.

What did the faces of them look like? ...

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...7#pid10137

===========

ALSO!! -- Every time you take your truck in and out of gear for very long, it cancels a regen cycle then it has to start over.

As well,. if you are driving it out of gear to save fuel,.. again same things. -- A bad/intermittent clutch pedal switch, or clutch pedal itself will cause regen issues.

Just some thoughts on it. -- I was reminded of this by forum member 'Athens' here today, and had forgotten all about this. Apparently that was his issue all along. -- Rawze

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.