Fan Cycle
12-18-2016, (Subject: Fan Cycle ) 
RE: Fan Cycle
I'm having the same issue. All my other issues have cleared up, but fan stays on while driving. Does anyone have pictures on where the AC pressure switch is located.

I have a 2011 ISX15 cm2250. I was provided with steps to check air passing thourgh the clutch fan. Air flowing and no leaks. I am checking all the recommendation listed.
replyreply
12-19-2016, (Subject: Fan Cycle ) 
Two things. One, the fan clutch could be stuck. Mine does this after sitting a few days. I have to build up full air pressure then shut off the truck. Then turn the key on to energize the solenoid to release the fan clutch. Then I smack it with a hammer a few times to free the clutch media from the hub. Works fine for the next month till I go home. Second, if it's a prostar the a/c high pressure switch is on top of the charge air cooler where the a/c lines cross over.
replyreply
12-19-2016, (Subject: Fan Cycle ) 
My fan is on and happy running since last nite from Dallas to Indy that I just delivered and head home....mine is due to a air leak that I can hear but cannot find yet on the hub area

Not fan to have that fan ..lol... running when temp are 16-23 F ...had to cover the nose altogether...
Ordered a rebuild kit ...see if I can do it....I have the HD Borg Warner....anybody did it????

Btwy ,this shows how poor the parts are made...truck and hub fan assy have 3.5 y 342k miles since they were put together....
On a Volvo 1999 with S60 Detroit did rebuilt it at over 1mil miles
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.