Torque arm busing
12-17-2016, (Subject: Torque arm busing ) 
RE: Torque arm busing
I replaced both rods, it was cheaper in the long run than playing the bushing swap game. Also, if you have pin bushings in your suspension, drive axles, check those too. I don't know which truck you own, but I have the ProStar. There are four suspension/spring bushings down there that went bad on mine along with those torque arm bushings.

I had a shop with the correct equipment do that job.
replyreply
12-18-2016, (Subject: Torque arm busing ) 
(12-17-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  I replaced both rods, it was cheaper in the long run than playing the bushing swap game. Also, if you have pin bushings in your suspension, drive axles, check those too. I don't know which truck you own, but I have the ProStar. There are four suspension/spring bushings down there that went bad on mine along with those torque arm bushings.

I had a shop with the correct equipment do that job.

I have 09 Prostar

User's Signature: I stand on a square, I am always seeking light... Just old traveling man lost in the wilderness my compass is pointing me to the East!!!!
replyreply
12-18-2016, (Subject: Torque arm busing ) 
(12-17-2016 )Big D Wrote:  It's not that bad of a job. Sometimes you have to step back and think a minute. A bottle jack will help,you may need to jack one side or the other,while working the leveling valve. For seized bolts,I stumbled on something earlier this week. 3m dust remover,the canned air for computers and such. If you shake the can while spraying it puts out a super cold mist. I tried it on a shock bolt and actually heard a crack when the bond broke. So if you have a fastener where heat it a issue give that a shot.

I use acetone and compressed air when out of 3m dust remover, is not the same result but also helps especially if the bolt was preheated
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.