Torque arm busing
12-16-2016, (Subject: Torque arm busing ) 
RE: Torque arm busing
(12-16-2016 )biscuits and gravy Wrote:  I got one complete, torque axle rod for $133 at Global Truck Parts in ATL., about 2 months ago.

I think the bushings are about $20-$25 each, plus shop labor to press out and press in the new ones if you rebuild them. I priced some Kenworth bushings and the cheapest place for me I found was out of FL from a warehouse. So I decided the complete arm was a better way to go for me.

When Unilevers said you have to raise and lower the air bag height to install the torque arm back into the place it bolts up to.... he is 100% correct.

Believe me, this is a job you can do yourself but you better be ready and eat your Wheaties with some Budweiser that morning.

Re-installing that arm you will need a long pry bar and be ready to grab the day by the "p@$))? to get the second side in and bolted down. Leveraging your way into it by raising the rear suspension up and down helps a lot.

I got it done in about 10 minutes, 15-20 bad words, 1 Budweiser and had a friend raise and lower the leveling arm while I stood with in the frame and on the frame rails fighting that thing prying.

Hahaha good luck and cheers!

Well tomorrow let the fight begin.... Its going in or I am going down... (lol)

User's Signature: I stand on a square, I am always seeking light... Just old traveling man lost in the wilderness my compass is pointing me to the East!!!!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Torque arm busing - rgreen - 12-16-2016,
RE: Torque arm busing - Rawze - 12-16-2016,
RE: Torque arm busing - Unilevers - 12-16-2016,
RE: Torque arm busing - kryten - 12-16-2016,
RE: Torque arm busing - Brock - 12-16-2016,
RE: Torque arm busing - rgreen - 12-16-2016
RE: Torque arm busing - Hedley - 12-16-2016,
RE: Torque arm busing - Big D - 12-17-2016,
RE: Torque arm busing - Sergiu - 12-18-2016,
RE: Torque arm busing - rgreen - 12-18-2016,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.