nt Fuel Pressure Sensor signal
12-17-2016, (Subject: nt Fuel Pressure Sensor signal ) 
nt Fuel Pressure Sensor signal
After changing the gear pump and lift pump. Insite shows that After Treatment Fuel Pressure Sensor signal is 0 volts. Insite was showing this senor at 0 volts before I change everything. What does this senor effect on the engine? The truck starts fine., There is no more white smoke coming out of the pipe. I have also change the crankcase filter but I have read on the forum where someone drill holes in the case, if so can someone explain what I need to do to my case. I also have a crankcase pressure signal at 0 volts on Insite.

User's Signature: I stand on a square, I am always seeking light... Just old traveling man lost in the wilderness my compass is pointing me to the East!!!!
replyreply
RE: nt Fuel Pressure Sensor signal
(12-17-2016 )rgreen Wrote:  After changing the gear pump and lift pump. Insite shows that After Treatment Fuel Pressure Sensor signal is 0 volts. Insite was showing this senor at 0 volts before I change everything. What does this senor effect on the engine? The truck starts fine., There is no more white smoke coming out of the pipe. I have also change the crankcase filter but I have read on the forum where someone drill holes in the case, if so can someone explain what I need to do to my case. I also have a crankcase pressure signal at 0 volts on Insite.

DO NOT DRILL HOLES IN THE CRANKCASE FILTER CASE!!!
You drill a 3/8 - 1/2" hole in the plastic part of the filter itself. The location of this hole is when the filter is installed, at the top rear part of the filter from back of engine towards the front of the engine.
I don't have a pic, but I'm sure someone will post one or a link shortly. I hope the description is clear enough that a pic is nice, but not required.
replyreply
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...376#pid376

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(12-17-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...376#pid376

Thanks Rawze. I didn't have a pic handy and I was kinda panicky at the thought of someone drilling the actuall filter housing...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
seen it done.....
replyreply
(12-17-2016 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(12-17-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...376#pid376

Thanks Rawze. I didn't have a pic handy and I was kinda panicky at the thought of someone drilling the actuall filter housing...

Thank you both I have a clear understanding, but I am still reading getting 0 volts out of the fuel pressure senor, i am just going to replace it. I just don't want to move the truck if something else was wrong. The truck start fine and run fine

User's Signature: I stand on a square, I am always seeking light... Just old traveling man lost in the wilderness my compass is pointing me to the East!!!!
replyreply
(12-17-2016 )rgreen Wrote:  After changing the gear pump and lift pump. Insite shows that After Treatment Fuel Pressure Sensor signal is 0 volts. Insite was showing this senor at 0 volts before I change everything. What does this senor effect on the engine? The truck starts fine., There is no more white smoke coming out of the pipe. I have also change the crankcase filter but I have read on the forum where someone drill holes in the case, if so can someone explain what I need to do to my case. I also have a crankcase pressure signal at 0 volts on Insite.

If you aren't getting a code for it, It is likely fine. Some trucks have a solenoid for the after-treatment fuel line to shut it off when not in a regen.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.