Brake Shoe Cracks
12-17-2016, (Subject: Brake Shoe Cracks ) 
Brake Shoe Cracks
We have a set of shoes on our trailer with small cracks,even though
they have 50% of the shoe left.
The cracks exceed the 1 1/2 inch length spec. so we will replace.

What brand of brakes shoes do you guys
think are the most resistant to cracking?

Thanks
T700
replyreply
RE: Brake Shoe Cracks
(12-17-2016 )t700 Wrote:  We have a set of shoes on our trailer with small cracks,even though
they have 50% of the shoe left.
The cracks exceed the 1 1/2 inch length spec. so we will replace.

What brand of brakes shoes do you guys
think are the most resistant to cracking?

Thanks
T700

I like bendix shoes but you can go to fleetpride site and download the catalog they have a shoes guidance that will tell you a recommendations for shoes you answer a few question in the catalog and will tell what they recommend

User's Signature: I stand on a square, I am always seeking light... Just old traveling man lost in the wilderness my compass is pointing me to the East!!!!
replyreply
They all crack due to bad weather, moisture, icing, etc. getting in them. Once they have cracks,.. they can cause an accident due to flaking and drum lock-up. Nothing to play with.

D.O.T> cameras in the pavement on the entrance ramps at many scale-houses take photos of brakes so that the officer can look for problems like that as you pass the scales.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(12-17-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  They all crack due to bad weather, moisture, icing, etc. getting in them. Once they have cracks,.. they can cause an accident due to flaking and drum lock-up. Nothing to play with.

D.O.T> cameras in the pavement on the entrance ramps at many scale-houses take photos of brakes so that the officer can look for problems like that as you pass the scales.

Thanks for the feed back we are replacing
T700
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.