Winter Prepardness
12-18-2016, (Subject: Winter Prepardness ) 
RE: Winter Prepardness
(12-18-2016 )snailexpress Wrote:  
(12-18-2016 )hhow55 Wrote:  https://ryder.com/winterdriving
Just have your signature proven. SWIFT truck blocked row with brakes locked up for more then 2 hours.
Wont listen. Wont get under truck with hammer.

Easiest way to get brakes un-stuck from the drums when frozen and locked up? -- Chok the wheels for safety, release the brakes that are stuck, and a 4-lb hammer to the drum. Ring it like you mean it (but don't smack the brake pads though) ... however, if they are stuck badly enough, this does not work.

Best way I have found to un-stick frozen brakes when a hammer does not work ...

Go inside truck stop and buy gallon of windshield washer fluid with methanol. Buy it from the inside of the truck stop where the bottle it is warm from the inside of the store.

Punch hole in the top and use it like a big squirt bottle and soak the brake pads with the whole gallon,... --- Viola! unstuck,.. and does not freeze back.

====

Sounds ridiculous, but I had a driver call me on the phone after being shut down in Wyoming for 3 days due to high winds and -30 temps. -- His company made him go take a drug test and demanded he be there in an hour or loose his job. Some other driver called them and told them he was drinking (he was not though, they were just pissed at him for getting into argument).

The guy tried everything to get his frozen brakes on his tractor unstuck,.. hammers, everything,.. nothing was working at all. It was -28 outside. -- After he called me,.. 10 minutes later he was driving down the road to the clinic in that blizzard.

All he did was chok his wheels,.. release his brakes, and soak the pads with the room temp windshield washer fluid,.. and they popped loose while soaking them.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , Waterloo , JimT

Messages In This Thread
Winter Prepardness - hhow55 - 12-18-2016,
RE: Winter Prepardness - Rawze - 12-18-2016
RE: Winter Prepardness - Rawze - 12-21-2020,
RE: Winter Prepardness - Nilao - 12-21-2020,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.