Turbo Acuator False Code
12-18-2016, (Subject: Turbo Acuator False Code ) 
Turbo Acuator False Code
I wanted to share my recent problem. Hope this helps others. If I'm fooling myself please input your thoughts.

Friday night stopped. Woke up Saturday, started up my truck and while idling for a few minutes amber check engine came on and Turbo actuator displayed on the dash. Stayed on the entire day Saturday. This morning (sunday) turned ignition and started up the truck and still had the turbo actuator with amber check engine light still on. Idled for 2 hours and turned truck off. Turned truck on 2 hours later turbo actuator and amber engine check light.

I’ll be having Mr Haggs look at this problem as soon as I can get to him.
replyreply
RE: Turbo Acuator False Code
It may or may not be legitimate...

Someone with a familiar feel to what the turbo and actuator should look at it with you and determine if it is locking up, etc. or if the actuator is going bad. Typical lifespan is 400 - 600k miles, though I have seen some that make it past 800k when the truck is not driven very harshly.

Problems with the EGR and emissions system can also throw ghost turbo actuator codes too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(12-18-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  It may or may not be legitimate...

Someone with a familiar feel to what the turbo and actuator should look at it with you and determine if it is locking up, etc. or if the actuator is going bad. Typical lifespan is 400 - 600k miles, though I have seen some that make it past 800k when the truck is not driven very harshly.

Problems with the EGR and emissions system can also throw ghost turbo actuator codes too.

Ok! I'll have to take it in I'm just worried about that ride. I was hoping this truck was making a little progress. LOL Thank you.
replyreply
12-19-2016, (Subject: Turbo Acuator False Code ) 
I kept getting a 2387 actuator code, found the vgt would not move properly probably due to the antifreeze going out the egr cooler into the exhaust. When I pulled the turbo apart the VG vain was gummed up and looked like oil.

User's Signature: I don't know sh!t from shinola!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.