Headlights
12-18-2016, (Subject: Headlights ) 
Headlights
No headlights, markers, turn signals, brake lights, or axle temp gauges. Where to get schematics. Dealer has had for 5 days. No progress.
replyreply
12-18-2016, (Subject: Headlights ) 
RE: Headlights
(12-18-2016 )dpalyu Wrote:  No headlights, markers, turn signals, brake lights, or axle temp gauges. Where to get schematics. Dealer has had for 5 days. No progress.
Software/manual trading is not allowed on this forum publicly unless it is a direct link avail from the publisher.

They are avail from dealer. - That or maybe you will get lucky and someone will PM you a link. I do not control nor care what happens in PM messages for the most part. No harm in you asking.

BTW: -- Paccar products are notorious for the cab controller going all flaky on you and you loosing all your lights. All the schematics on the world will not help you solve it if this is the case.

To reset the cab controller,.. disconnect ALL the batteries completely and let it sit for about 30 minutes or so. it takes about 20-25 min or so for the cab controller to finally die and shut down with no power to it. -- Sounds stupid,.. but works like a dream. I can't tell you how many drivers have reported this simple solution solving exactly the problems you have described,.. and other problems too, like missing gauge lamps, dimmer not working, gauges that go dead or get stuck, no speedo, gauge cluster dying, ghost errors and faults that will not clear, headlights will not come on, no trailer lights, no marker lights, switches that stop working for no reason, . etc. etc.etc.etc.

I am not saying that is what your problem is,.. but it is a good place to start. Flaky cab controllers on Pete and KW is very common because the software is known to be buggy. Sometimes the damn thing just needs a good hard reset. - Sad part is that a lot of dealers do not know this, waste a lot of time, and resort to replacing it at a high cost, and gouging you for parts you really did not need.

A stealership or certified OEM shop is the LAST place I would ever want to take a truck to to have something fixed. -- horrible wait times, horribly over-priced, and HORRIBLY UNDER-TRAINED, BRAINWASHED MECHANICS trained specifically to go for the most expensive solution to your problems that they can come up with.

============

Next: is the big round twist-lock connectors going into the cab from the firewall. They are notorious for letting water in them and making for problems. One of the most common on them is ghost throttle position problems that keep coming back to haunt you along with other things.

* I.E -- Reset the cab controller and while you have your batteries disconnected,... Look for the obvious! -- Like removing and checking all fuses, see if the blades are getting discolored and/or are tarnished from age. Test them with a meter and REPLACE any tarnished or discolored fuses, even if they check good.

* Pull apart your twist-lock connectors going into the cab and flush them with brake-line anti-freeze (methonal). dry them off good and re-seat them.

./uploads/201612/post_2_1482108479_c2ddc6e06552a59078167f59a31ac698.jpg

* Do a thorough inspection of wiring going around corners, and making sharp bends. See if there is places where water and corrosion can get in.

Here is one common place on many trucks ...
./uploads/201612/post_2_1482108076_b5bde5d476de81f44816b5471e2898b6.jpg

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JKBowman , hhow55 , Tootall , Pd6cas2
09-13-2019, (Subject: Headlights ) 
Old Post, but may very well be what my truck needs.

Thanks

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
09-14-2019, (Subject: Headlights ) 
Nope my problem was the guys in the shop chasing a no marker light on trailer.

This is 2015 Kenworth T660.

They pulled a fuse out in the under hood fuse box. It was a chassis node fuse. Well they stuck it back in the wrong slot. Had I have not seen them messing with the fuses I would have been looking for a broke wire. Sure is weird it only seemed to effect right rear turn and brake light on truck. Also left fender blinker light. Did make the flasher flash real fast. When I left the shop I noticed fast flasher, but thought maybe it was the trailer. Chassis trailers seem to always have weird electrical problems.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.