ISX cm2250 emissions help needed
12-20-2016, (Subject: ISX cm2250 emissions help needed ) 
RE: ISX cm2250 emissions help needed
your last 3 regens are horrible, you are running the risk of some serious engine damage, you can bake your DOC and DPF but I'm guessing that your SCR is toast, anything over 2.5 inhg is bad.

User's Signature: In the immortal words of Romeo as he gazed upon Juliet's eyes..."Wait...We Drank What?!"
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
12-21-2016, (Subject: ISX cm2250 emissions help needed ) 
I also see a problem. It went fro 1.7 to 7+ in about 10 hours run time, then stays in that range.

Something cracked and clogged up the exhaust if it changed that suddenly. That or you have a sensor or sensor feed tube failure.

At least that is what it looks like to me without seeing anything first hand based on what you presented.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: dslmchnc
12-21-2016, (Subject: ISX cm2250 emissions help needed ) 
(12-20-2016 )dslmchnc Wrote:  I just remove the inlet to the screen and from what I can see the face of it looks pretty clear. There is one spot about the size of the palm of your hand with some black staining on it. It is hard to get an exact clear look at it because of the inlet screen that it has going into it.

Black staining is caused by cracking internally and blocking up the unit....since this is a "certified Cummins reman"...I would take this unit back to them and have them recheck the flow.

User's Signature: You want how much?
replyreply
01-23-2017, (Subject: ISX cm2250 emissions help needed ) 
Sorry for the long time between posts. I finally fixed this truck, well, its been running without issue for about a month now. (knock on wood) the final repair i made was to replace the barometric pressure sensor, the egr differential pressure sensor, the intake manifold pressure sensor, the egr outlet pressure sensor and the exhaust manifold pressure sensor. i realized that the truck wasn't failing for pressure issues, but rather soot load codes. this soot load is a made up parameter that the ecm uses an aggregate of different readings to create. thank you guys for all your help, and i hope this thread benefits someone in the future. feel free to pm me with any specific questions.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , snailexpress , fargonaz , DSTdriver
01-23-2017, (Subject: ISX cm2250 emissions help needed ) 
(01-23-2017 )dslmchnc Wrote:  Sorry for the long time between posts. I finally fixed this truck, well, its been running without issue for about a month now. (knock on wood) the final repair i made was to replace the barometric pressure sensor, the egr differential pressure sensor, the intake manifold pressure sensor, the egr outlet pressure sensor and the exhaust manifold pressure sensor. i realized that the truck wasn't failing for pressure issues, but rather soot load codes. this soot load is a made up parameter that the ecm uses an aggregate of different readings to create. thank you guys for all your help, and i hope this thread benefits someone in the future. feel free to pm me with any specific questions.

You know, I'm just a dummy that bought one of these damn trucks... My eighth truck... This one has pretty much destroyed me financially. It is paid for, and the only reason I keep pouring money into it. It is pretty much fixed, after three years of BS, GOBBS of lost revenue, and a very costly in frame. Get rid of the mandate.

And go down to your Thermo King dealer and slap a Tri Pac on her. You cannot idle these trucks. The soot build up alone will mesmerize you in short order. It is like eating your own shi#t, after awhile, you die. And that is exactly what these motors are being asked to do. Common sense, and an empty wallet will bring you to this reality real quick. Enough said.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: overshot , t700 , redbeard

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.