FP Diesel Overhaul Kits???
12-19-2016, (Subject: FP Diesel Overhaul Kits??? ) 
FP Diesel Overhaul Kits???
Anyone ever used these kits from fp diesel? All I know is they are owned by Feferal Mogul (who also owns Champion spark plug and Fel Pro gaskets)

Kits are new rather than Cat reman and can be ceramic coated for heat or coated with anti friction coating when ordered.

I hate reman parts! the term "within spec" just says it all...... to me that means "wore out a bit but not bad enough to throw out" so that's why I like the idea of the fp kits.

Can't really find many reviews. Most new rebuild kits are junk hong Kong crap. I like that these come from a reputable company.

Just looking to see if anyone has first hand experience with them?

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
RE: FP Diesel Overhaul Kits???
The hard parts I have used many times in the past. Only failure was the head gasket was junk.
replyreply
(12-19-2016 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  The hard parts I have used many times in the past. Only failure was the head gasket was junk.

Would your recommendation be to use these cylinder kits and bearings or genuine cat reman?

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
For the amount of money it costs to re-man an engine,... Why take a gamble on it?... The difference in price is NOT worth tearing it down again, NOR will cover the labor of having to do things again.

Just my own thought on it. I am out here to make money and do what it takes to NOT QUESTION the quality of the components I just installed into the very center my motor. To me, this means buying those parts from the maker themselves if it is something that would break the bank if I had to do it twice.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(12-19-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  For the amount of money it costs to re-man an engine,... Why take a gamble on it?... The difference in price is NOT worth tearing it down again, NOR will cover the labor of having to do things again.

Just my own thought on it. I am out here to make money and do what it takes to NOT QUESTION the quality of the components I just installed into the very center my motor. To me, this means buying those parts from the maker themselves if it is something that would break the bank if I had to do it twice.

Well thats exactly what I'm doing... the difference here is perception. Your questioning the quality of the fp diesel components whereas I am questioning cats. It's no secret that cat is starting to slip on quality as they are shutting down more and more truck repair shops, heads have been remanded to the point they were no longer usable because they've been Plaines so much. They are now using new casts which no longer meet their original specs and quality control's as they no longer care.

This is why many are looking elsewhere. I know Federal Mogul is a reputable company... heck they are 10x the size of cat! But I thought I'd fish for horror stories first.

replyreply
With Cummins I wouldn't even have this conversation and would have to agree with the "why chance it"

replyreply
12-20-2016, (Subject: FP Diesel Overhaul Kits??? ) 
I dont know about FP. But i have had very good luck with IPD. Very pleased with their parts. I just got a cat gold kit for an acert and quality is pathetic. I will not use cat liners again. Never had issues with cummins reman, other than new from cummins seems to be close in cost of reman. At least on a cylinder head
replyreply
i too am very impressed with IPD parts these days. They have come a long way and have zero issues with any of the quality or workmanship. Do not buy their injectors though as they are typical delphi crap. this is not a plug for the company just i have been having good luck with the parts.

i find new cummins parts are very close in price to the remans so i buy the new stuff. i have had some bad reman isx heads, so now i buy new and have no problem. I have had some terrible cummins ISX injectors aswell. on the most part new cummins aprts have been good.

CAT QA department has seem to have died.... i measured a brand new head we ordered for a acert a few weeks back and i was out 8 THOU!! who the hell let that one pass..... i have had quality issues on various things from cat, including one set of liners in a platinum kit that had obviously been robbed, used, cleaned and put back in the box. not impressed.
replyreply
(12-20-2016 )Unilevers Wrote:  i too am very impressed with IPD parts these days. They have come a long way and have zero issues with any of the quality or workmanship. Do not buy their injectors though as they are typical delphi crap. this is not a plug for the company just i have been having good luck with the parts.

i find new cummins parts are very close in price to the remans so i buy the new stuff. i have had some bad reman isx heads, so now i buy new and have no problem. I have had some terrible cummins ISX injectors aswell. on the most part new cummins aprts have been good.

CAT QA department has seem to have died.... i measured a brand new head we ordered for a acert a few weeks back and i was out 8 THOU!! who the hell let that one pass..... i have had quality issues on various things from cat, including one set of liners in a platinum kit that had obviously been robbed, used, cleaned and put back in the box. not impressed.

Thats why I'm weary but the shop doing the rebuild swears to use only cat but check everything. They will give me the 1 year parts and labor on a tuned truck if I use cat but won't on any other part's.

I guess so long as they are Chexking everything I should be fine.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.