FP Diesel Overhaul Kits???
12-20-2016, (Subject: FP Diesel Overhaul Kits??? ) 
RE: FP Diesel Overhaul Kits???
I'll try and get some pics tomorrow. I'm doing a performance cat build right now. The whole rotating assembly has been balanced, if you see how much material is taken off, you would be shocked. The crank was the only thing quality. I see at least 3 out of 6 liners are used, with barely a descent hone. Absolutely pathetic. The bowl volumes a horribly innacurate, leading me to believe compression ratios would be different on different cylinders. If I pick up a cat kit now, it goes strait to the machine shop.
The machine shop prefers PAI and IPD to cat. Say the pacs are much higher quality, closer in weight, and all new as apposed to reman. Food for thought.
replyreply
12-28-2016, (Subject: FP Diesel Overhaul Kits??? ) 
RE: FP Diesel Overhaul Kits???
(12-20-2016 )Rig Wrench Wrote:  I'll try and get some pics tomorrow. I'm doing a performance cat build right now. The whole rotating assembly has been balanced, if you see how much material is taken off, you would be shocked. The crank was the only thing quality. I see at least 3 out of 6 liners are used, with barely a descent hone. Absolutely pathetic. The bowl volumes a horribly innacurate, leading me to believe compression ratios would be different on different cylinders. If I pick up a cat kit now, it goes strait to the machine shop.
The machine shop prefers PAI and IPD to cat. Say the pacs are much higher quality, closer in weight, and all new as apposed to reman. Food for thought.

Seen cat reman cylinder heads so bad the engine almost didnt run. Ended up being valves / seats were not seating. All of them were new but not sealing as they werent ground. Tested the seats with diesel fuel and half of them leaked.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.