FP Diesel Overhaul Kits???
12-20-2016, (Subject: FP Diesel Overhaul Kits??? ) 
RE: FP Diesel Overhaul Kits???
(12-20-2016 )Unilevers Wrote:  i too am very impressed with IPD parts these days. They have come a long way and have zero issues with any of the quality or workmanship. Do not buy their injectors though as they are typical delphi crap. this is not a plug for the company just i have been having good luck with the parts.

i find new cummins parts are very close in price to the remans so i buy the new stuff. i have had some bad reman isx heads, so now i buy new and have no problem. I have had some terrible cummins ISX injectors aswell. on the most part new cummins aprts have been good.

CAT QA department has seem to have died.... i measured a brand new head we ordered for a acert a few weeks back and i was out 8 THOU!! who the hell let that one pass..... i have had quality issues on various things from cat, including one set of liners in a platinum kit that had obviously been robbed, used, cleaned and put back in the box. not impressed.

Thats why I'm weary but the shop doing the rebuild swears to use only cat but check everything. They will give me the 1 year parts and labor on a tuned truck if I use cat but won't on any other part's.

I guess so long as they are Chexking everything I should be fine.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FP Diesel Overhaul Kits??? - Unilevers - 12-20-2016,
RE: FP Diesel Overhaul Kits??? - Brock - 12-20-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.