Brake lights and engine brake
12-20-2016, (Subject: Brake lights and engine brake ) 
Brake lights and engine brake
I know this has been discussed before but I can't find anything in features and parameters to switch of the break lights coming on when the engine brake does. Am I missing something????
replyreply
RE: Brake lights and engine brake
This is the first time I have ever herd of the brake lights coming on with the jakes. Id love to know this too...
replyreply
We had one of our kenworths do this, we had him stop by kenworth to have them disable it. I haven't tried myself, but just out or curiosity I will check tonight when I get back to the shop to see what I can find. It may be something in the vecu itself that can't be disabled with INSITE. Some state now require you to have this as a safety measure, but I think it's annoying.
replyreply
(12-20-2016 )dslmchnc Wrote:  We had one of our kenworths do this, we had him stop by kenworth to have them disable it. I haven't tried myself, but just out or curiosity I will check tonight when I get back to the shop to see what I can find. It may be something in the vecu itself that can't be disabled with INSITE. Some state now require you to have this as a safety measure, but I think it's annoying.
If ya find out something please let me know. It's not the VECU, the truck never did it before and then I updated my cal. to March 2016 and now it's doing it.
replyreply
A co-worker of mine has the same problem with his T680. I thought I could turn it off with Insite but I looked through every parameter/setting and could not see where I could turn them off. I followed him once and I told him on the CB "I have to pass you. Your brake lights are annoying." He would love to know if there was a way to turn them off. I'm not sure if a dealer will turn them off because it is considered a "safety issue". And with everyone being sue happy in this day and age.

User's Signature: 2013 Volvo 670 with Big Red under the hood
replyreply
What is the "Service Brake Activation" option in the Engine Brake Control menu for? I thought it was to activate the engine brake when the service brake is applied. It shows disabled so I didn't mess with it.
I dunno, checked every C_ERC command and I can't see anything that ties into brake light activation. Maybe I just never noticed it before :s:s:s
replyreply
12-21-2016, (Subject: Brake lights and engine brake ) 
The engine DOES NOT control the brake lights on any brand of truck or vehicle I have ever seen. -- Therefore, there is no "turn brake lights" or "brake lights signal" anything in the ECM.

It is on the cab control module for the vehicle, therefore Insite will NOT be of any use for this.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
when you update from the 109 to 110 software revision in the cab controller it automatically turns this on. it is very easy to turn off with esa.
replyreply
(12-21-2016 )Unilevers Wrote:  when you update from the 109 to 110 software revision in the cab controller it automatically turns this on. it is very easy to turn off with esa.

I never updated the VECU just went from 10067.23 to 10046.34. I'm gonna check tonight to see if all the RLOC's in the ERC group are the same, maybe the VECU is piggybacking one in the new cal.to get the brake light signal.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.