Injectors
12-28-2016, (Subject: Injectors ) 
RE: Injectors
https://youtu.be/8hDHeTUAIeA

You can hear the chirp/squeak noise in video

When I switched actuators the noise went from back 456 to 123.

I really thought it was actuators because the noise follow them when u changed them.

It also does it if u run one at a time on whatever set of 3 is doing it.
replyreply
I'm on my way to get load, the motor runs worse.

The miss studded vibration is worse than before.

What the hell,maybe I got a bad actuator cause they are rebuilt?

I'm thinking about turning around its so bad lol

*update* lol

I went back home, I thought well maybe I would try switching the original actuators that are on engine with the ones I took off yesterday.

That did nothing, runs the same. So maybe the actuators had nothing to do with it. Who knows. It does run worse since I put the new ones on though

Forgot to say yesterday if you are cruising down the road going around 70mph and wind is at your back so the engine isn't working hard to maintain speed you can feel the truck/engine get super smooth for 2 to 3 seconds then the shaking comes back, like pulsating. Like a fuel starvation problem kinda. I stopped and changed all the fuel filters yesterday because I thought maybe that's it. When I changed the davco one some algey came out, not much maybe a quarter size . From that bio diesel crap. But filter wasent plugged .
replyreply
(12-28-2016 )race7820000 Wrote:  https://youtu.be/8hDHeTUAIeA

You can hear the chirp/squeak noise in video

When I switched actuators the noise went from back 456 to 123.

I really thought it was actuators because the noise follow them when u changed them.

It also does it if u run one at a time on whatever set of 3 is doing it.

Although it didn't solve much of your problem, if your old actuators had a LOT of miles on them,.. Like more than 600k+ it is not wasted money. - Less parts to buy when you eventually go to inframe it.

just some thoughts...

If you think you are getting air in your fuel system, pressurize your fuel tanks to 10 PSI or so and look for leaks.

Also check your pick-up tubes inside the tanks to ensure they have not cracked at the top on the inside. Putting a bit of clear hose on the pick-up lines and sucking fuel out will reveal this.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I took line off at pump and put clear tube in and there was alot of small bubbles. So then I put on input side of davco filter and there was no bubbles.

So bypassed davco filter housing and that eliminated the shuttering/vibration problem.

It's 80% better. Night and day when I test drove it.

The other 20% is cause it's a million miles truck lol

I'm heading to get 2 more actuators just so there also new , incase it would start a power Balance problem.

Amazing cummins and Pete couldn't figure it out
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
Seen a lot of fleetgaurd fuel pro filter housings leak air , I run a clear hose from the primary filter housing to the ifsm on any truck that is running rough and the amount that are full of air is very surprising
replyreply
If i just keep the one filter what micron should I get?
replyreply
(12-28-2016 )race7820000 Wrote:  If i just keep the one filter what micron should I get?

It is good that you found it, and that it was not more serious, though air in the fuel system is bad enough. Thanks for sharing that with everyone. Your descriptions didn't exactly match a fuel aeration problem, but then again, it is difficult for anyone to give advice or know for sure what a problem can be. Makes for a lot of guessing, but even so,.. Everyone learns from it in the end, and that is what i like about this forum.

==

I would definitely NOT bypass the davco for very long. Fix the davco or replace it. Always use a 10-micron filter in it or less to keep ashfaultine at bay. ISX is notorious for making ashfaultine in fuel system as a normal process. Some mechanics use it as an excuse to blame it as being soot or algea in the fuel by mistake, and places like speedco will put in a 50-mocron filter in them like a bunch of idiots. Since You cannot get a primary fuel filter that is only 10 micron from what I have seen, having the davco and using finer filter keeps it at bay long term. - Keeping water out of the fuel system is important too, so this definitely warrants having it repaired or replaced.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
12-29-2016, (Subject: Injectors ) 
This forum has taught me alot really. I've watched almost every video you have made lol

I really want my own computer so I can see what the truck is doing instead of paying 139 a hr for some dealership to not know what's going on. I'm sure it would pay for itself in the long run.

Anyways, I'm going to replace the davco asap.

Thanks for the help
replyreply
12-29-2016, (Subject: Injectors ) 
(12-29-2016 )race7820000 Wrote:  This forum has taught me alot really. I've watched almost every video you have made lol

I really want my own computer so I can see what the truck is doing instead of paying 139 a hr for some dealership to not know what's going on. I'm sure it would pay for itself in the long run.

Anyways, I'm going to replace the davco asap.

Thanks for the help

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...22#pid2722
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.