Injectors
12-29-2016, (Subject: Injectors ) 
RE: Injectors
Interesting. I've been wondering about my davco lately, I see a lot more constant air bubbles in the housing than I think I should. I know some is normal but I'm gonna check it out.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
This is the great thing about this forum... everyone updates progress! There's nothing worse then googling a problem, ending up on ttr, reading 10 paged of irrelevant crap to find the op never updated when they fixed it...

SO WHAT WAS THE PROBLEM!!

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Old Driver , LargeCar
(12-29-2016 )Brock Wrote:  This is the great thing about this forum... everyone updates progress! There's nothing worse then googling a problem, ending up on ttr, reading 10 paged of irrelevant crap to find the op never updated when they fixed it...

SO WHAT WAS THE PROBLEM!!

I couldn't agree more!
Nothing worse than finding someone had the same problem as you, asked the question and got 50 different suggestions...
Crickets,
No update whatsoever from the OP...great I have a similar problem, and I'm gonna get 50 different possibilities...WTF was it???
Nobody may find your feedback relevant today, but that time when they're on the side of the road, or just generally frustrated and have had enough...oh the happiness of relief when you find an answer.

So a genuine THANK YOU to all those who share their RESULTS!!!
It means more than you think.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Old Driver , LargeCar
(12-29-2016 )Brock Wrote:  Interesting. I've been wondering about my davco lately, I see a lot more constant uair bubbles in the housing than I think I should. I know some is normal but I'm gonna check it out.

Mine had little tiny bubbles all around it. The davco filter base looked to be brandnew so I never thought it could be bad. All the fuel lines on truck are new to,along with fuel pump. Makes me wonder if they were chasing same problem
replyreply
Here is a pic

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201612/post_1869_1483036013_d361ca441d86901a673a1f49c6327b4a.jpg
replyreply
50 micorn filter in that thing is an insult.

Change it to a 10.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
12-30-2016, (Subject: Injectors ) 
(12-29-2016 )race7820000 Wrote:  Here is a pic

That's the housing I was referring too , I lost my own no4 injector twice because it the fuel pump was drawing air through the filter housing. Cavitation in the injector ended causing it too leak and caused a knock. Put two new injectors in no 4 over a 7 month period before finding it .
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
01-02-2017, (Subject: Injectors ) 
I am not a big fan of those davcos to many problems with air and cavitation.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , snailexpress
01-02-2017, (Subject: Injectors ) 
(01-02-2017 )gearhead Wrote:  I am not a big fan of those davcos to many problems with air and cavitation.

Personally, I don't think it is so much the davco, but more like abuse from oil change places that do not take the time to care about what they do. Mine was damaged by speedco, and then a TA,.. then that was it for me!. -- Ever since, I have always changed my own filter in it,.. and a million miles later, it still works great in keeping water out of my fuel, and filtering out buildup to less than 10 microns.

I would MUCH rather have one than not.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.