Speed derate
12-31-2016, (Subject: Speed derate ) 
Speed derate
Thought I would share a little known secret today. I'm sure many know of it already but cant seem to find that it's being shared. If anyone ever finds themselves at the side of the road with a speed derate of 5 mph or 8 kmph on the 2250 and 2350 ISX then just go under the truck and unplug the speed sensor at the back of the transmission. This will give you back your speed. Some codes also have a RPM derate of 1000 or 1200 as well that goes with the speed derate but even with that you get to drive approx 70 -75 km per hour. This will save you a tow if your willing to take the extra time it will take you to get to where you can get the underlying problem addressed. Maybe others could share if they have had to do this and what their experiences were.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Running rough , Waterloo , fargonaz , Eliot , Sergiu , Signature620 , hhow55 , rrod
11-02-2017, (Subject: Speed derate ) 
RE: Speed derate
How long can one drive without a speed sensor ? I mean how it would affect the combustion process ?
replyreply
11-02-2017, (Subject: Speed derate ) 
RE: Speed derate
The engine will run normally but will govern itself to whatever value is set for "Maximum engine speed without VSS"
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Sergiu , Starlight , rrod

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.