CM2250 Leaking doser
01-02-2017, (Subject: CM2250 Leaking doser ) 
CM2250 Leaking doser
I have an old Gordon truck 2012. It seems to be fairly well kept.
Goes through 0.75 gal of oil in 16K. Power seems fine considering it is a 369/922 tune according to quickserve.

I can't remember the code I got, about 6K ago, but when I researched it, it is was for the DPF. It stayed lit for about 1.2K and then was gone(around Thanksgiving.) Have noticed in the last 2 weeks (because fan clutch is acting up) that the doser elbow is wet stained with fuel at both ends and I get the associated kerosene/hot fuel smell and cloud until it is at operating temp.

So the question is: Any long term damaging effects from this, planning on replacing it the middle of this month when I get the annual done.

Thanks
replyreply
RE: CM2250 Leaking doser
If your truck has not been demandated, then yes you are causing issues that will grow by the day.
You imply that it is fuel, which doesn't sound as damaging as coolant, it is entering the after treatment system without the system being "aware" of it. It is not attempting a regen, therefore the conditions are not taking place to burn the fuel. Which short version means the DOC, DPF, and SCR are becoming saturated and contaminated. This will wash out the precious metals in the system and dramatically reduce thier serviceable life span. Less likely, but still a possibility, you are potentially storing fuel in the system that may start to burn uncontrollably, again not likely, but possibly enough to burn the truck to the ground! God forbid you are sleeping!
Most likely will be regen issues, probably unintended overheating of components creating a nightmare to rectify.
You are leaking fuel into the exhaust system, this is not something to be taken lightly!

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , hhow55
I appreciate the list of scenarios. Luckily/or not I have an APU and the engine is only running while I am in and aware.

I attempted to remove the elbow on my time off, but luckily the coolant lines were stuck to the unions(didn't have the correct wrenches to free them) so I decided to do more research. After reading that the coolant system needs a partial drain, I decided to wait.

Thanks
replyreply
I would be keeping a very close eye on that thing and repairing it at first opportunity possible. Problems do not fix themselves, and ignoring a fuel leak, even minor can have really bad consequences.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , Waterloo , hhow55 , fargonaz
01-03-2017, (Subject: CM2250 Leaking doser ) 
I would fix it now, nip it in the bud before you do more damage. Unless you have deep pockets.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , snailexpress , Rawze , fargonaz
Now that's wierd, it wasn't leaking this morning but I got a momentary CEL, which went out on the next engine start. I'm beating foot back home to pick up my code reading apparatus and will still be keeping a keen eye on it.

I'm in the NE right now and definitely don't feel comfortable bringing it anywhere up here. I actually don't feel good taking it anywhere, since the mechs know everything already; it's hard to get stuff fixed.
replyreply
I re-watched the doser injector replacement video again and I didn't find out where the fuel for the doser comes from and under what pressure? Is it only an on/off orfice?

Thanks
replyreply
Gearhead is right there in MD off of I-95, he has a full functioning shop... Take it to him if you are up that way. That is where I would go.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , Hammerhead
Damn, I'm at the TA in Dundalk. I wonder what he's doing tomorrow? I guess I could PM.

Thanks!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.