Code 3545
01-05-2017, (Subject: Code 3545 ) 
RE: Code 3545
There are 2 nox sensors, considered to be "outlet" sensors.

The NOX sensor right behind the turbo is the engine outlet NOX sensor. The emissions system outlet nox sensor is after the SCR can in the exahsut.

Here is some interesting video that is related, though it does not show the sensors.

https://youtu.be/p8clK9qSGlk

I have seen many trucks throw emissions system outlet nox sensor alarms. Those nox sensors have a short lifespan and read wrong after about 200k miles or so typically. Also, the older your DOC can gets, the more likely you will get outlet nox sensor alarms. I have seen Chinese fake DOC's installed on trucks too, and give constant outlet nox sensor complaints. As well, bad DEF fluid will do it, cloghged decomp tube will do it, problems with DEF doser injector or supply will do it, clogged DEF doser screen filter, etc.etc.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
2387 code vg actuator. could that code be causing the 3545 code. When I looked at the turbo position command and actual it was running about 10% wider than commanded.
replyreply
(01-05-2017 )Magard Wrote:  2387 code vg actuator. could that code be causing the 3545 code. When I looked at the turbo position command and actual it was running about 10% wider than commanded.

usually they match pretty close. I would have it pulled apart and inspected.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magard
(01-05-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  There are 2 nox sensors, considered to be "outlet" sensors.

The NOX sensor right behind the turbo is the engine outlet NOX sensor. The emissions system outlet nox sensor is after the SCR can in the exahsut.

Here is some interesting video that is related, though it does not show the sensors.

https://youtu.be/p8clK9qSGlk

I have seen many trucks throw emissions system outlet nox sensor alarms. Those nox sensors have a short lifespan and read wrong after about 200k miles or so typically. Also, the older your DOC can gets, the more likely you will get outlet nox sensor alarms. I have seen Chinese fake DOC's installed on trucks too, and give constant outlet nox sensor complaints. As well, bad DEF fluid will do it, cloghged decomp tube will do it, problems with DEF doser injector or supply will do it, clogged DEF doser screen filter, etc.etc.
In black on white in Quickserve it says right after turbo
Afterteratment fuel doser injector
NOx inlet sensor
Located directly on aftertreatment unit which people usually call DPF
DOC inlet temperature sensor
DPF inlet temperature sensor
DPF differential pressure sensor( two small pipes from before and after DPF)
DPF outlet temperature sensor
After SCR canister is NOx outlet sensor
Exhaust outlet pressure sensor
./uploads/201701/post_1794_1483666499_37f595e6116dfc9dfe338b9adbf7bfca.png
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.