Cm2250 oil leak driver side behind air compressor?
01-04-2017, (Subject: Cm2250 oil leak driver side behind air compressor? ) 
Cm2250 oil leak driver side behind air compressor?
I got a cm2250 that's leaking oil on driver side of the block right behind the air compressor and runs down to the front of oil pan and the side below air compressor and fuel pump. Is this the front main seal?
replyreply
RE: Cm2250 oil leak driver side behind air compressor?
It could be a few different things, including the bolts or gasket for the air compressor itself.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I'll check the bolts tmrw morning. What else can it be besides bolts?
replyreply
Could be your upper housing/cover, on the front of the motor. There is an O Ring gasket behind that front cover. The cover that sits behind the engine fan, where your cam gear/timing chain is located. These leaks are funny, I had one on my fresh in frame motor, lower cover, long story, but the dealer fixed at no cost. OR, the seal at your cam is leaking. No way to check without tearing apart a few things. But, those leaks usually appear at the top of the motor, at least on the CM-870 and 871 motors... You have one cam, but something to look at. No idea how to check, but I would know one if I saw one. I had this issue on my 870, wish Rawze would have been around back then.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Starlight
01-05-2017, (Subject: Cm2250 oil leak driver side behind air compressor? ) 
Im with Waterloo either front cover housing leaking or the idle camshaft housing leaking.. You should be able to clean it good with break cleaner and take a mirror and look in there..
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Also could be the gasket between the compressor and the power steering pump

OOPS. Thought it was a cm871
replyreply
Will do. Gonna have to do a good pressure wash and check it out.
replyreply
07-29-2017, (Subject: Cm2250 oil leak driver side behind air compressor? ) 
Did a good pressure wash on driver side of the engine and made sure compressor bolts were tight. Still can't seem to figure out where that oil leak behind compressor is coming from. I'm thinking maybe gasket it toast? Anything else to check for? Pretty hard to see between compressor and engine too.... that oil leak is driving me crazy!! Also truck has original compressor and 581k miles.
replyreply
07-30-2017, (Subject: Cm2250 oil leak driver side behind air compressor? ) 
(01-04-2017 )Waterloo Wrote:  Could be your upper housing/cover, on the front of the motor. There is an O Ring gasket behind that front cover. The cover that sits behind the engine fan, where your cam gear/timing chain is located. These leaks are funny, I had one on my fresh in frame motor, lower cover, long story, but the dealer fixed at no cost. OR, the seal at your cam is leaking. No way to check without tearing apart a few things. But, those leaks usually appear at the top of the motor, at least on the CM-870 and 871 motors... You have one cam, but something to look at. No idea how to check, but I would know one if I saw one. I had this issue on my 870, wish Rawze would have been around back then.

The 2250 engine has this adapter cover plate bolted in place where the injector cam is located in a 870 or 871. That plate is o ring sealed. With a higher miled engine those o rings flatten or square out and then the sealing pressure of the oring is lost resulting in a leak. Fairly certain thats what you have going on there. Once you pull it apart you'll see the oring fairly hard and flat. Waterloo is right on. It actually is easy to see as the lower part of that cover plate is visible from the outside. But then again it could be gear housing to block gasket. Hopefully not as that is a fairly big job.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.