Transmission oil-air coolers
03-03-2016, (Subject: Transmission oil-air coolers ) 
Transmission oil-air coolers
(02-20-2016 )Isx Lover Wrote:  
(02-20-2016 )yamajason Wrote:  
(02-20-2016 )Isx Lover Wrote:  As far as tranny coolers go I have installed B&M coolers on 3 trucks now and they work great. Those heat transfer tubes they install from the factory let the tranny get to warm in my opinion. I asked a owner of a tranny shop, (who by the way was a authorized Eaton shop) what a tranny and rears should run for temp, and he said no more than 100F above outside air temp. Right or wrong IDK that is what I was told. This is what I used http://www.summitracing.com/parts/bmm-70273/overview/

Is that link to the same exact model/size cooler that you use? What are your temps usually?

I actually used a bigger one, here is the link http://www.summitracing.com/parts/bmm-70274/overview/ My temp gauge starts at 150F and it would only get to 150-160 on a really hot day pulling hard. Most of the time my gauge never even reads 150. I mounted it in front of the radiator and ran 1/2 inch hyd. hoses inside frame rail. I'm going to use the one from the first link on this truck, and mount it behind the bumper, cause I would like to see a little temp. Even though the temp gauge didn't read the tranny was warm to the touch.

Did you mount those transmission oil-air coolers to the radiator with the push thru zip tie like mounts? Does it damage the radiator by sawing thru the soft metal with thousands of miles of vibration?
http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-P...0/10002/-1
replyreply
03-03-2016, (Subject: Transmission oil-air coolers ) 
RE: Transmission oil-air coolers
In a car I didnt have any problem with them.....but that was a car. Your concern is justified but if someone here has done that and had no issues please step forward and be counted.
replyreply
03-04-2016, (Subject: Transmission oil-air coolers ) 
I made I bracket that used a couple of the lower tank bolts and mounted it to that. The truck I have now I made a bracket and mounted it below radiator on cross member behind front bumper, but not tight to the bumper so it still gets some air.
replyreply
These are my Prostar's factory Eaton transmission cooler lines to the Radiator. Does anybody know the name/type or size of these connectors? I assume -10 is AN fitting...

replyreply
(03-04-2016 )yamajason Wrote:  These are my Prostar's factory Eaton transmission cooler lines to the Radiator. Does anybody know the name/type or size of these connectors?

Ask guys from Hose House. I'm sure they know.
replyreply
they are a type of quick-connect. and they work pretty good.

the blue piece is just a safety catch.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(03-04-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  they are a type of quick-connect. and they work pretty good.

the blue piece is just a safety catch.

To install an air to oil cooler, would you recommending connecting new hose from these quick connect points or removing connectors from radiator and connecting there?
replyreply
03-05-2016, (Subject: Transmission oil-air coolers ) 
I suppose it would depend on what the new radiator came with.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.