white smoke
01-06-2017, (Subject: white smoke ) 
white smoke
07 international cummins isx blows white smoke for a few min. runs really bad then will clear up and run fine starting to get worse and does it more, could it be turbo or injectors?
replyreply
RE: white smoke
Sound's like you may have a doser leaking. Do you smell diesel in the exhaust?. Are you losing coolant?. Any excessive blowby?

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
If you dont have a fuel knock it sounds like coolant in the cylinder. I did an engine recently that had those same symptoms and had the cylinder head cracked. White smoke was mostly when sitting overnight. Coolant pressure after shutdown was higher than cylinder pressure and it leaked into the chamber while sitting. Next morning engine was started, out came that coolant as white smoke, ran like garbage then cleared up and ran fine. The rest is history. Not saying your issue is the same but at this point expect anything.
replyreply
well it has been running most of the day and made last delivery got on hwy and started to act up with white smoke bad did it for about 30 min. the stop had tow truck deliver back to my shop and it was at idle the whole time no issues and did not smell that bad of fuel at all
replyreply
plus with the dozer leaking bad when regening would that cause the truck to run really bad?
replyreply
(01-06-2017 )greasemonkey Wrote:  plus with the dozer leaking bad when regening would that cause the truck to run really bad?
Not nessassarily as the doser is downstream of the engine
replyreply
I have the insite if I do a force regen that will kick the dozer in making it to act up if it is the dozer that is the only way I know how to test it do you know any other way to check it other than that
replyreply
starlight that was what I was thinking but you never know I never rule anything out
replyreply
White smoke is either unburned diesel, or coolant. Is your coolant level going in your reservoir, if so, this could be your problem. But i tend to believe you may have an injector leaking very badly, since your motor is running very crappy. I would try doing injector cut out test using your insite. Rawze has a video on this. If you have a temp gun, take a temp reading, on the exhaust manifold at each cylinder. The one with the lowest temp, will be the leaking injector.
Good Luck

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.