white smoke
01-06-2017, (Subject: white smoke ) 
RE: white smoke
He should also do an injector leak test...

An exhaust gas pressure sensor can make one act up, run rough, etc. sometimes too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(01-06-2017 )Starlight Wrote:  
(01-06-2017 )greasemonkey Wrote:  plus with the dozer leaking bad when regening would that cause the truck to run really bad?
Not nessassarily as the doser is downstream of the engine

There is coolant going through the doser also.......pressure test the coolant system (Rawze's video comes to mind...)

Just my 2 pennies...

User's Signature: You want how much?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
On my cat I had a very similar issue twice. once was a cracked head and we never did figure out if it were coolant or fuel and once it was a weak fuel pump. mechanic figured injectors so I replaced them, then he figured the injectors I got were junk so I got 3 more from another place. it was never the injectors.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
(01-06-2017 )scottydogtruck Wrote:  There is coolant going through the doser also.......pressure test the coolant system (Rawze's video comes to mind...)

Just my 2 pennies...

This is true, in fact, every doser I have seen that leaks coolant, you get a slight buildup of it just past the doser in the pipe, and of course, the face of the DPF shows it too.

doser leaking fuel,,.. very little evidence of this sometimes. Best thing to do is pull the doser pipe away from the turbo and crank the truck. See if the doser injector tip gets damp as the truck idles. - I have seen many do this, driver unaware he is loosing fuel and fuel mileage all the time.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , Hammerhead , scottydogtruck
01-09-2017, (Subject: white smoke ) 
I will test both thks for every ones help I will let you all know what it was
replyreply
12-29-2022, (Subject: white smoke ) 
(01-09-2017 )greasemonkey Wrote:  I will test both thks for every ones help I will let you all know what it was

Did you ever find the solution to this problem? I'm having the exact issue with my cm871. Thanks!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.