T-3 vs t-4 oil
01-07-2017, (Subject: T-3 vs t-4 oil ) 
T-3 vs t-4 oil
Just curious about thoughts,options,rants,facts,bullshit on pros and cons between the two. Thanks
Oh for a 871 around 12000 hrs
:s

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
RE: T-3 vs t-4 oil
Sorry I just seen there is a tread already for this, any new thoughts on it.
If someone is smarter then me ,( so that includes about 105% of you) let me know how to move this tread or combine it with the other one that would be great. If not I can delete it later.

replyreply
They changed the additive package in the new oil, supposed to be more friendly to these new junk motors and emission systems. Get this, https://amzn.to/2LkvO3F It will make up for the missing additives. I use it in my CM-871, have for quite awhile, on Rawze's recommendation. This can also be purchased at your local NAPA store and maybe some Walmart stores. I dump the entire jug in at every oil change. Half a jug in the winter.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , hhow55
Once the t4 came out and the price rose, I switched to Canadian tire brand oil. I honestly could care less what oil I am running seeing as I am changing it the second it loses transparency. I've heard Canadian tire oil is shell anyways but I never checked if that's true or not.

I run a super tacky synthetic gear lube in mine.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
A quick web search, Canadian Tire oil is a Shell Oil product.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead
01-11-2017, (Subject: T-3 vs t-4 oil ) 
I learned about this oil just yesterday, and it appears to be loaded up with the much needed zinc.
Majesticlubricants.com
Would like for some of our experts to chime in on this. I used a competitors oil in my n14 for 9 years and had no oil related issues. The oil was mystic synthetic blend. I think that majestic may what we may need for our motors.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
01-11-2017, (Subject: T-3 vs t-4 oil ) 
(01-11-2017 )hhow55 Wrote:  I learned about this oil just yesterday, and it appears to be loaded up with the much needed zinc.
Majesticlubricants.com
Would like for some of our experts to chime in on this. I used a competitors oil in my n14 for 9 years and had no oil related issues. The oil was mystic synthetic blend. I think that majestic may what we may need for our motors.

Sounds like you have been sucked directly into the brainwashing machine of oils. They ALL claim to be the "superior" oil... They ALL claim they are better than the big-name oils,.. they ALL make miracle claims of some sort etc.etc.etc. -- With a name like "Majestic" and all the other kooky, hocus-pocus clever names I see products sold as,.. that should be your first red flag. If they truly were then engine makers themselves would recommend them and the engine would have a sticker on the side of the engine telling you to use that brand. -- It is nothing special, and their own website shows their oils having 1300ppm zinc (no more than the major brands). Their ash rating I don't like either at more than 9,000 PPM!. -- Deposits and emissions system problems over time anyone?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
01-22-2017, (Subject: T-3 vs t-4 oil ) 
Can you give a n14 the oil additive ( gear oil) if yes ,ok , if no why . Just curious I have a rebuilt n14 at home , thinking of putting her to work this summer . I would also very curious if any body has played with them or if there is any gains to be made by it . I know they are not a isx and a far cry from it on the ECM side . say what you want but they are a damn good motor. I am not saying they are as efficient as the isx pulling lighter freight , but with 140000 lbs or in the oil patch , a different story I think .
Although I don't know f@ck all and the first to admitted to it .
Just trying to learn and understand.

Ps I wish someone would make a kit for the Vgt turbo for one :big_smile2: hehe

replyreply
01-22-2017, (Subject: T-3 vs t-4 oil ) 
(01-22-2017 )the missing link Wrote:  Can you give a n14 the oil additive ( gear oil) if yes ,ok , if no why . Just curious I have a rebuilt n14 at home , thinking of putting her to work this summer . I would also very curious if any body has played with them or if there is any gains to be made by it . I know they are not a isx and a far cry from it on the ECM side . say what you want but they are a damn good motor. I am not saying they are as efficient as the isx pulling lighter freight , but with 140000 lbs or in the oil patch , a different story I think .
Although I don't know f@ck all and the first to admitted to it .
Just trying to learn and understand.

Ps I wish someone would make a kit for the Vgt turbo for one :big_smile2: hehe

I think the ECM part is the issue. I don't believe the N-14 or the S60 ECM's are sophisticated enough to control one...too bad!

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.