bypass oil filter question
01-08-2017, (Subject: bypass oil filter question ) 
bypass oil filter question
just bought a 2012 Pete with ISX 11.9 I asked the Cummins mechanic where to make connections on this engine to install an Amsoil bypass filter. He wouldn't recommend doing that, he said there wasn't a safe place to tap into. He also said the new Fleetguard filter for the ISX engines would take care of the soot in the oil. Should I still install bypass filter?
replyreply
01-08-2017, (Subject: bypass oil filter question ) 
RE: bypass oil filter question
(01-08-2017 )kevinkn Wrote:  just bought a 2012 Pete with ISX 11.9 I asked the Cummins mechanic where to make connections on this engine to install an Amsoil bypass filter. He wouldn't recommend doing that, he said there wasn't a safe place to tap into. He also said the new Fleetguard filter for the ISX engines would take care of the soot in the oil. Should I still install bypass filter?

That is cummins brainwashing at its finest --- Poor mechanic!. -- But this is the bulls$$it they are being taught these days. - I bet he will even argue with you when you call BS on his claims.

YES, all the filters from fleet-guard for the newer ISX engines have a bypass element inside them --- BUT IT IS WAY TOO SMALL -- THE SIZE OF A SOUP CUP! -- DON'T DO HARDLY ANYTHING towards keeping soot levels down. --- CONSIDER THE ULTRA-TINY piuss poor excuse of a bypass section in the fleet-guard filters as NON-EXISTENT! because they don't do SQUAT NADA! compared to an actual bypass oil system.

YES there is safe places to tap into the oil system.

start by reading and following through this thread... there is a lot of info and experiences, what people have done etc. in it ...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...617#pid617

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , sbtrucking , Toolguy

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.