spring bushings "cluncking" when turning pete 587
01-08-2017, (Subject: spring bushings "cluncking" when turning pete 587 ) 
spring bushings "cluncking" when turning pete 587
i have a 2012 pete 587 that front spring bushings clunk went turning or rolling over uneven ground, was wondering if others have this problem. Changed bushings once noise stopped for about a year but back again.
replyreply
RE: spring bushings "cluncking" when turning pete 587
(01-08-2017 )smitty1243 Wrote:  i have a 2012 pete 587 that front spring bushings clunk went turning or rolling over uneven ground, was wondering if others have this problem. Changed bushings once noise stopped for about a year but back again.

It is a very common problem. The spring bushings get side play in them. There are spacer kits that look like big washers for correcting this properly.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: smitty1243 , hhow55 , Starlight , Sergiu
(01-08-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  
(01-08-2017 )smitty1243 Wrote:  i have a 2012 pete 587 that front spring bushings clunk went turning or rolling over uneven ground, was wondering if others have this problem. Changed bushings once noise stopped for about a year but back again.

It is a very common problem. The spring bushings get side play in them. There are spacer kits that look like big washers for correcting this properly.

can you get these kits at peterbilt shop and should i change bushings again as well
replyreply
most truck parts places have them got mine at fleetpride for a truck :)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , smitty1243
Many guys will weld the bushings in place so that they don't move. But it doesn't seem to cure this every time.

User's Signature: 36-25-34
replyreply
 Thanks given by: smitty1243
It is usually the pin that wears out making that clunk,so change the pins before welding

User's Signature: 36-25-34
replyreply
01-09-2017, (Subject: spring bushings "cluncking" when turning pete 587 ) 
Are yours greaseless bushings? if they can be greased then you aren't greasing enough. they should last longer than that unless your doing a lot of off road.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
01-09-2017, (Subject: spring bushings "cluncking" when turning pete 587 ) 
Horton makes a spring bushing kit where the pin screws into the bushing eliminating lateral play, the link below will give you a picture of the product, the part number in the link is probably not the one you need for your application but you'll get the idea.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/994431-Horton-Ro...3ad6edae2f

User's Signature: In the immortal words of Romeo as he gazed upon Juliet's eyes..."Wait...We Drank What?!"
replyreply
03-21-2017, (Subject: spring bushings "cluncking" when turning pete 587 ) 
I've had the same problem lately with mine... And I think mine are so bad that it's causing my tires to wear badly.
I ordered mine through the dealer... Whom told me that my 2009 387 has "roller" bushings on the front springs - rear shackles... Which cost about $400 per side.

I'm currently replacing pretty much my whole front suspension minus the springs and axle.
I'll let you know if it fixes the noise while turning and hitting bumps.

I did read somewhere once upon a time that if you take a C-clamp and compress the two shackle brackets together fairly tight, and then loosen the hold down bolts and retighten them that it kinda temporarily fixes the problem for a while.
For the most part the washers between the brackets and the bushings/pins wear out the brackets and causes most of the play. So I've read anyway.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.