Green slime in crankcase filter cover?
01-08-2017, (Subject: Green slime in crankcase filter cover? ) 
Green slime in crankcase filter cover?
I know what the worst case is here after watching Rawzes video on the liner leak and I'm going to get the pressure test kit . What I found was small amount of clear water as well. Several things to consider last week I ran in heavy rain. I did wash the truck with hood open not sure maybe water got in air filter on top the engine? Then it got down to single digits F. I notice some blowby. Just change oil and didn't see any thing but did at operating temp. Will send sample as well. Stuck my fingers in drain and rubbed bottom of pan -black oil. Had insight on today oil temp just above 200. So Im praying this is condensation. As far as anti freeze consumption I did at about a 1/2 gallon I changed coolant about 8000 miles ago and haven't added til today. But with the temp climate changes I'm not sure if it has really used much or not. So I'm asking dose condensation and wet conditions cause green slime on crankcase filter? Also if it is antifreeze (red stuff) that cycled through the engine would it be like clear water? If you put a small amount of red anti freeze in your hand it is clearly red. But what I got from the filter cover wasn't ? Thank you for your thoughts.
replyreply
RE: Green slime in crankcase filter cover?
Green in the crankcase filter is 100% antifreeze. Odd that the red turns green once evaporated and condensed again but it does. Just went through this with mine. Wish I had better news. I'd do the steps prescribed in Rawze's videos. Unhook the eve cooler at the back and pressurize the system. Hopefully the EGR cooler leaks. If not prepare to drop the pan and retest. You may have to bar the engine over to get it to show a leak inside the liner. Best of luck to you.
replyreply
RE: Green slime in crankcase filter cover?
(01-08-2017 )Shipit Wrote:  I know what the worst case is here after watching Rawzes video on the liner leak and I'm going to get the pressure test kit . What I found was small amount of clear water as well. Several things to consider last week I ran in heavy rain. I did wash the truck with hood open not sure maybe water got in air filter on top the engine? Then it got down to single digits F. I notice some blowby. Just change oil and didn't see any thing but did at operating temp. Will send sample as well. Stuck my fingers in drain and rubbed bottom of pan -black oil. Had insight on today oil temp just above 200. So Im praying this is condensation. As far as anti freeze consumption I did at about a 1/2 gallon I changed coolant about 8000 miles ago and haven't added til today. But with the temp climate changes I'm not sure if it has really used much or not. So I'm asking dose condensation and wet conditions cause green slime on crankcase filter? Also if it is antifreeze (red stuff) that cycled through the engine would it be like clear water? If you put a small amount of red anti freeze in your hand it is clearly red. But what I got from the filter cover wasn't ? Thank you for your thoughts.
Green slime in crankcase filter case, is not good sign. I had same problem. When i removed valve cover, i found green slime as well. Then i pressured up the cooling system, and dropped the oil pan. Found coolant running down inside of #4 liner. This led me to believe i had a bad head gasket, and cracked head, and that is what found when i pulled the head. Sorry, to hear of your problem.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.