Counter-bore tools and parts...
01-09-2017, (Subject: Counter-bore tools and parts... ) 
Counter-bore tools and parts...
Came across this today. Just putting it here for anyone that may be looking for such things...

./uploads/201701/post_2_1483944675_02c5c5942e19c7162af43684b10853f9.png
and..
./uploads/201701/post_2_1483944690_4d1af0164039069975dc1522c3e215a4.png

Parts:

5298564 - Hardened bronze shim 0.020"
5298564 - Hardened bronze shim 0.032"

===

Procedure for the ISX 870/871/2250/2350...
https://quickserve.cummins.com/qs3/pubsy...ounterbore

(update 06-03-2018): When following this procedure, just keep in mind that most people on this forum including myself agree that a liner height of 0.014" is much better than factory height of 0.010" for longevity reasons.

==========

Here is the same tool from Apex. This is the one I own, and it works very well too..
https://www.apexinds.com/tools/M50145.html

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: gatow900 , fargonaz , Hammerhead , axe , quickrigs , Scooby d
RE: Counter-bore tools and parts...
(01-09-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  Came across this today. Just putting it here for anyone that may be looking for such things...

and..

Parts:

5298564 - Hardened bronze shim 0.020"
5298564 - Hardened bronze shim 0.032"

===

Procedure for the ISX 870/871/2250/2350...

I wouldnt go that route, thats the cummins cutter. I bought the monaco tool which was alot cheaper and was complete not like the cummins tool which makes you buy 2 part numbers to make the kit. Cummins tool when i priced it a couple years ago was 11.4 k versus the monaco tool complete for just under 2200. Thought Id share. Apex tool sells the monaco for those who are in the market for it.
replyreply
(01-09-2017 )Starlight Wrote:  I wouldnt go that route, thats the cummins cutter. I bought the monaco tool which was alot cheaper and was complete not like the cummins tool which makes you buy 2 part numbers to make the kit. Cummins tool when i priced it a couple years ago was 11.4 k versus the monaco tool complete for just under 2200. Thought Id share. Apex tool sells the monaco for those who are in the market for it.

I have found that parts pricing Genuine Cummins parts at the actual Cummins dealer (Cummins Western Canada) out here is basically US$ to CDN$ with exchange plus about 5%.
However, when pricing Genuine Cummins tools CWC is basically take US pricing and double it plus 5%, so obviously I buy all my Gen Cummins tools south of the 49th.

What kind do you have again Rawze? I know you shared a link with me, but life happened and I haven't purchased one yet,must it's still on my list of equipment to aquire.

Is that Apex Supply in Canada you are referring to Starlight?

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
(01-09-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(01-09-2017 )Starlight Wrote:  I wouldnt go that route, thats the cummins cutter. I bought the monaco tool which was alot cheaper and was complete not like the cummins tool which makes you buy 2 part numbers to make the kit. Cummins tool when i priced it a couple years ago was 11.4 k versus the monaco tool complete for just under 2200. Thought Id share. Apex tool sells the monaco for those who are in the market for it.

I have found that parts pricing Genuine Cummins parts at the actual Cummins dealer (Cummins Western Canada) out here is basically US$ to CDN$ with exchange plus about 5%.
However, when pricing Genuine Cummins tools CWC is basically take US pricing and double it plus 5%, so obviously I buy all my Gen Cummins tools south of the 49th.

What kind do you have again Rawze? I know you shared a link with me, but life happened and I haven't purchased one yet,must it's still on my list of equipment to aquire.

Is that Apex Supply in Canada you are referring to Starlight?

Thanks Hammerhead for clarifying cummins pricing. ( rip offs ) Makes sense. I bought my monaco from Apex Tools in Minneapolis somewhere. Canadian Apex dealers had a long wait time for this tool at the time.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead
he runs the monaco aswell, its a great tool.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead
I've been thinking about ordering the Monaco set. Is it easy enough to get parts and cutter bits for that one?
replyreply
(01-09-2017 )Signature620 Wrote:  I've been thinking about ordering the Monaco set. Is it easy enough to get parts and cutter bits for that one?
Yes. Directly from Apex or there are a couple other tool suppliers that sell replacement parts.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Signature620
(01-09-2017 )Unilevers Wrote:  he runs the monaco aswell, its a great tool.

Correct. this is the one I own..

It works very well.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , fargonaz , Vin , Starlight , 386lover , DosGatos
(01-09-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  
(01-09-2017 )Unilevers Wrote:  he runs the monaco aswell, its a great tool.

Correct. this is the one I own..

It works very well.
Yeah, I watched your rebuild video series.
It appeared very nice to operate, and looked like it cut the block like butter.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.