Pulling behind other trucks
01-12-2017, (Subject: Pulling behind other trucks ) 
RE: Pulling behind other trucks
(01-12-2017 )Rig Wrench Wrote:  I'll add to this that earlier 570 and 870 blocks seem to be of much harder material. A 871 and 2250 will tend to cut pretty easy. The older blocks do a good job of eating cutter bits much faster

Aging does this to engine blocks as well. As they get older, the cast becomes more brittle and slightly more difficult to cut all on its own. This would mean that older model blocks would always be harder to cut comparatively to something newer. What I have seen though, is that they have removed the extra lower liner support from the newer 2250/2350's. I don't think this was a good thing.

I have also had some very recent conversations and discussions with several other people regarding liner height, fretting/vibration, etc. and there are a few factors that effect this that go far beyond simply engine block and compression ratio changes. - It is sad indeed what they have done in the name of Mr.Epa, that is all I will say about it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rig Wrench , the missing link , Waterloo , Running rough
(01-12-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  
(01-12-2017 )Rig Wrench Wrote:  I'll add to this that earlier 570 and 870 blocks seem to be of much harder material. A 871 and 2250 will tend to cut pretty easy. The older blocks do a good job of eating cutter bits much faster

Aging does this to engine blocks as well. As they get older, the cast becomes more brittle and slightly more difficult to cut all on its own. This would mean that older model blocks would always be harder to cut comparatively to something newer. What I have seen though, is that they have removed the extra lower liner support from the 2250/2350's. I don't think this was a good thing.

I have also had some very recent conversations and discussions with several other people regarding liner height, fretting/vibration, etc. and there are a few factors that effect this that go far beyond simply engine block and compression ratio changes. - It is sad indeed what they have done in the name of Mr.Epa, that is all I will say about it.

not only aging ,but heat cycles also
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Running rough , Rawze
(01-12-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  Factory programming will pool the turbo up to ridiculous high positions at idle to dilute the exhaust so it will pass emissions, and to heat the engine up faster on cold start. That results in a factory constant internal 25-30hp internal engine load, sucking 40% more fuel at idle than is necessary all the time and creates more internal engine wear than necessary to boot.

I hate this with my engine. I'll be moving slow trying to park my trailer, and my truck will be almost at 20-25psi of boost. Definitely looking forward to "fixing" this.

(01-12-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  345HP at 1100 RPM.
376HP as 1200 RPM.
439HP at 1400 RPM.
461HP at 1600 RPM.
450HP at 1800 RPM
368HP at 2100 RPM.

I'm real curious what the pathetic numbers are on my 400hp mega power stock tune.

User's Signature: 2013 Volvo 670 with Big Red under the hood
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.