Truck software advice
01-11-2017, (Subject: Truck software advice ) 
Truck software advice
this is what i am looking to buy i am looking for input on this
Xtruck USB Link 125032 Heavy Duty Code Reader Truck Diagnostic Tool by Factory, OEM Xtruck USB Link 125032 Heavy Duty Code Reader Truck Diagnostic Tool
by Factory, OEM
Link: https://amzn.to/2GSmPRG

Thanks in advance
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
RE: Truck software advice
This looks to me like nothing but a chineese fake Nexiq that has been re-packaged. Most people report a LOT of problems with them. They tend to work for a short while, then go bad.

There are so many fakes running around, i would suggest your local fleetpride to get a genuine Nexiq. That way if you have trouble with it, you can take it back to them for an exchange if necessary.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , gatow900 , earnies2 , Waterloo , hhow55
Let us know how it works.

I have another cheap ass chinky clone coming called vxtrucks. I'll let you know how it goes.
replyreply
Spend the money on good equipment. You're saving a lot by doing your own diagnostics and repairs so use the savings to invest in tools and Nexiqs/Inlines that won't let you down.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , gatow900 , Waterloo , hhow55
(01-11-2017 )earnies2 Wrote:  this is what i am looking to buy i am looking for input on this
Xtruck USB Link 125032 Heavy Duty Code Reader Truck Diagnostic Tool by Factory, OEM Xtruck USB Link 125032 Heavy Duty Code Reader Truck Diagnostic Tool
by Factory, OEM
Link: https://amzn.to/2GSmPRG

Thanks in advance
In description it says 24 volts, it will work only with diagnostic programs they provided on CD.
What if their software is too old and you can not update it?
All 'universal' tools are equal to this ./uploads/201701/post_1794_1484185426_344041ecc05cd4c9fdcdd2d2e9db5d68.jpg
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , gatow900 , BobsYourUncle , hhow55
I enjoy mucking(disassembling) about with gadgets like this, if I can report what works or doesn't with it and exactly why, maybe I can discourage someone else, or help him with it. The intriguing thing about these is that there is absolutely no one using them for our purpose(at least not reporting about it). I guess I'm funny like that.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
01-14-2017, (Subject: Truck software advice ) 
The vxtrucks works fine. I'm using windows XP and had to google the driver. I've only tried 7.5 and was able to do a couple of things like let the clutch interrupt the jake and cruise, which has been driving me nuts since I got the thing. Will be doing a regen tomorrow after I shut down for the day.

Speaking of regen, I was looking at the history and notice that my outlet temps have been between 1000 - 1100; what's normal? My differentials go from 5.0 - 1.6; maybe due to interrupted regen?

Thanks
replyreply
01-15-2017, (Subject: Truck software advice ) 
Any history numbers above 3.0 is not good.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
01-22-2017, (Subject: Truck software advice ) 
(01-11-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  This looks to me like nothing but a chineese fake Nexiq that has been re-packaged. Most people report a LOT of problems with them. They tend to work for a short while, then go bad.

There are so many fakes running around, i would suggest your local fleetpride to get a genuine Nexiq. That way if you have trouble with it, you can take it back to them for an exchange if necessary.

What is the cost at Fleetpride and what about the software?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.