cummins x15
01-12-2017, (Subject: cummins x15 ) 
cummins x15
curious about the new cummins's x 15 are they any good , worse, about the same or to early to tell and the Differences in this model
replyreply
RE: cummins x15
My guess is, it's to early to tell, it is still the same block as isx15 so time will tell if cummins corrected it's known issues, going back to the 2350 vs the 2250 counterbore fretting issue, I would say it is probly safe to say, that the fretting issue has defintlely gone done, I hear of very little premature counter bore failure in the 2350 in my area but I could be wrong in the big scale,
replyreply
 Thanks given by: RPM1
thanks , arunt u the guy that wants to re tune his tractor ?
replyreply
Yes, it's not that it's short on power but the plan is to go to a lot bigger implement that is a lot heavier in some steep hills its probly not a bad idea to try and be ready ahead of time before spring comes and it's time to sow your seed, traction and weight will also be a consern but there is plenty of room to add weights on the 4wd rims inside and out, these machines have on them for tires what you call 'if' or increased flex tires and are designed to run low air presure for increased foot print for more traction to the ground, in a nutshell pulling 56 feet of cultivater behind tractor now, with double shoot tips spaced 12 inches apart, fertilizer tip goes 4 inches into the ground while seed is in the 1 inch region, x56, and your pulling a cart pull of fertilizer and seed behind that, that holds 550 bushels, so the reason why I am digging into seeing if any hp increases can be made is simple the newer bigger air drill is a lot bigger and I think twice as heave as this 56 foot air drill, so my reasoning comes down to this, this tractor runs a cm2350 x106 ECM, and it is well known that certain individuals have the capability to alter settings among other things, it's either try and tune it or possibly pay big $ to upgrade to the next size bigger hp tractor that has the identical tracter frame and transmission engine, the only difference the ECM cal,
replyreply
know all about the farming and big big machinery have relatives in the red river valley , big farmers , spent may hrs on tractors
food for thought , using truck engines in tractors as with that qsx slight mods , but still a truck engine combo . the computers in them tractors protect u guys from your self watch out what u do , jacking up the hp and tq will mess with the trans program could possabely over tq / power the trans in the lower gears , because u never will get full power that the motor can produce , is kinda self destruct programing also a tractor unlike a truck has extended periods of using high hp and tq pulling u tillage tools or what ever , u also wont see 30 k hrs on a tractor like u can with a truck , basically a tractor works more at the higher hp tq , witch shortens its life , they also protect u farmers so u get some life out of them by making the power band at a higher rpm or u guys would tear the bottom end out driving around at low rpm high tq thinking your saving fule like some i have seen done with
only to shorten engine life , if u trade every few years no wories , even the cats in the yellow have there limits and they have a stronger bottom end . also with that qsx running high tq like the isx u might end up with head problems , i dont know the differances , but its my under standing the qsx is just a off road isx with few major hard par differances .
any way your gonna pay one way or another in my opinion , higher rpm more fule but less stress not being at max tq should give u longer life , mind u u will need to find your sweet spot so to speek .
personaly i would only tune the epa mandate out of it and make it run like a non epa engine ,and u will get u better gal per acre and not be in the repair shop spending money and fixing even that might mess with u lower gear max power for each gear . also put triples on if u want more traction , u could also get a 600 hp big bud cheeper , though not as plush or nice , but the seed in the ground dont know the differance , any way thats just my 2 cents
replyreply
In my defense, the idea is just to put the higher hp stock cal in the one size down tractor, which has identical components not messing with fueling torque turbo or mandate stuff, do not get me wrong this is not to be done for simply having more power and stroking the ego but more or less to have the power available when it is required, and I certainly do not want a hot lawsuit or anything like that from this perticuler picky company who acts as if they own the red moter painted the seem color as your lawn mower
replyreply
(01-12-2017 )Running rough Wrote:  In my defense, the idea is just to put the higher hp stock cal in the one size down tractor, which has identical components not messing with fueling torque turbo or mandate stuff, do not get me wrong this is not to be done for simply having more power and stroking the ego but more or less to have the power available when it is required, and I certainly do not want a hot lawsuit or anything like that from this perticuler picky company who acts as if they own the red moter painted the seem color as your lawn mower

lol , i thought yellow kitty people wear the only ones that went after people ,
any way the 975 and 965 yellow , both same everything but tune , and guys pulling tile plowes liked the 965 they clamed more power in low gear , i think all it was was derated motor let u use more throttle down low , one guy even put a pittsburg power box in a 965 to fake things out , i feel sorry for the guy that was the second owner ,
there is a out fit stenburg or something makes all these power chips for ag stuff , being u r friends with unilevers i would consult with him as u probely have , i'ed trust him or gear head over any them other jokers , and rawz , lol never for get rawze lol
replyreply
Unilevers is the guy I got worken on it
replyreply
(01-12-2017 )Running rough Wrote:  Unilevers is the guy I got worken on it

like i said there are only 3 would trust to touch any thing of mine and not worry about it him being one
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Running rough

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.