cummins x15
01-12-2017, (Subject: cummins x15 ) 
RE: cummins x15
.... Also I think it's worth adding the qsx15 tier4 final has a 17.2 to 1 compression ratio along with the biggest vgt I have seen to date, it is a massive turbo even bigger then the biggest 871 turbo
replyreply
01-12-2017, (Subject: cummins x15 ) 
(01-12-2017 )Running rough Wrote:  .... Also I think it's worth adding the qsx15 tier4 final has a 17.2 to 1 compression ratio along with the biggest vgt I have seen to date, it is a massive turbo even bigger then the biggest 871 turbo

personely for a farm tractor pulling engine , epa not invaulved , no holds bared i would be at around 16 .1 and more boost , = cheaper power ,different cam a non vgt , throttle response is not a big deal on a tractor, manantance coast over all is more important , and gallions per acre hr just one less thing to wear out , a big ass bottom end 60 psi oil press and a block and head with lil more steel in it and it would run around 1800 rpm large oil cooler forged everything pistions clearensed and turbo built to handle the 900 1100 temp all day long thicker liners to with bigger flange on top a ton of Dino testing tweeking things , and it would be theee best engine out there , just not cheep
replyreply
01-13-2017, (Subject: cummins x15 ) 
Honostly it is a nice smooth running engine, does not have electrical fan clutch but rather a hydraulic driven fan, seems like not bad design, as for oil presure runs the same as the trucks, do you serieously think even if you could up the oil presure to 60psi plus that it would benifit the bottem end bearings and crank, I think not, the way I understand the way a crank main and rod bearings safely get lubed is by an oil rifle in the crank puting a steady supply of oil between the crank jornouls and bearings, it is the turning motion of the crank and the stead oil supply the forms a tiny wedge that keeps the bearing from contacting the crank, this oil film that is created is called I believe 'hydrodynamic lubrication' and oil psi in this region is estimated to be in the thousands of psi, and has very little to do with what you oil psi gauge reads, that is more or less just a reading of resistance to flow, however increasing oil presure in regards to increasing flow the the cam bushings in the head might benifit with increasing presure, but my theory on premature cam failure in isx engines is the tiny oil gallery's in the head become chocked off with soot, thus not getting the proper oil flow to the cams, just my 2 cents, and if you want a tougher bottem end, you likely have to increase crank and journal size to take bigger diameter bearings
replyreply
(01-12-2017 )RPM1 Wrote:  
(01-12-2017 )Running rough Wrote:  .... Also I think it's worth adding the qsx15 tier4 final has a 17.2 to 1 compression ratio along with the biggest vgt I have seen to date, it is a massive turbo even bigger then the biggest 871 turbo

personely for a farm tractor pulling engine , epa not invaulved , no holds bared i would be at around 16 .1 and more boost , = cheaper power ,different cam a non vgt , throttle response is not a big deal on a tractor, manantance coast over all is more important , and gallions per acre hr just one less thing to wear out , a big ass bottom end 60 psi oil press and a block and head with lil more steel in it and it would run around 1800 rpm large oil cooler forged everything pistions clearensed and turbo built to handle the 900 1100 temp all day long thicker liners to with bigger flange on top a ton of Dino testing tweeking things , and it would be theee best engine out there , just not cheepo
I think a caterpillar c18 or cummins qsk19 would fit your engine desires quite well, lol I know Deere uses the Montster qsk19 with over 800 hp in thier biggest forage harvester, that thing has what cummins calls thier heavy duty moduler commen rail fuel injection, not related to the xpi commen rail found in today's isx15 qsx15 engines, would really like to hear a newer qsk19 run
replyreply
crank dia bearing width aka journal size along with rods and oil press would be calculated when desighning engine for the given load on them for the hp / tq they will be used at idle through full load ate start up and when warm , they hey also take into account cam bearings
, they goofed on the 2 cam isx as injection load high ant not eanouph oil psi , but they like selling parts , nobody is going to build a diesel to last , as in getting better and better no money in it , now is just like a battery , they know how long they will last and thats it ,
the engine guys , know how ling they want one to last and build it for that , - a few troubles along the way to make dealers some money , but yes if your wear out bearings it needs more oil press , also if one bearing has more wear then a other u have a tweeked block or crank , castings will creep over time load and heat cycles sale with any metal part , and that crank flexes with each power stroke of a cylinder not so much at idle , maganify that a million times its stress relieveing it self all the time , forging causes stress , u wanta stress relieve a weldment hang a elect motor with a excentric on it and shake the shi#t out of it , heat treating will also relieve also for other parts of the engine oil passage size and length are used as restrictors , castings shift , so have big passage , with smaller hole at end , problem is if its not drilled but cast , hole size can very and who know what u get for flow .
like i said for truck intermitent and vearing loads , (and i think i read rawze say something like 40 50 persent load most time ,) wear they sell the most engines a lil bump in oil psi is fine , but ag working it , i would want a 20 psi min if i was going to keep it for years , if i lease i don't care i paid for my by the hr is there problem
replyreply
a c18 is a c15 with more stroke an bore same block with a few other things i was told
for less head achs i think maybe that old 1150 cummins in big bud would be nice with a few modern mods to it
replyreply
02-14-2017, (Subject: cummins x15 ) 
Just got my first X15 in the shop. Heavy hauler. 600-2050. Ill keep everyone posted on its success. Looks like some nice improvements externaly anyway   
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Running rough , Waterloo , Texasdude74 , snailexpress
02-14-2017, (Subject: cummins x15 ) 
(02-14-2017 )Rig Wrench Wrote:  Just got my first X15 in the shop. Heavy hauler. 600-2050. Ill keep everyone posted on its success. Looks like some nice improvements externaly anyway

Sweet! Let us know how it compares to a stock isx15 at similer power and torque levels, the drivability response and engine braking, I am sure it would probly not beat a @m*m^2 isx15 set at that power,
replyreply
02-23-2017, (Subject: cummins x15 ) 
Stumbled out into the dealers shop and found this..    
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.