cummins x15
01-12-2017, (Subject: cummins x15 ) 
RE: cummins x15
know all about the farming and big big machinery have relatives in the red river valley , big farmers , spent may hrs on tractors
food for thought , using truck engines in tractors as with that qsx slight mods , but still a truck engine combo . the computers in them tractors protect u guys from your self watch out what u do , jacking up the hp and tq will mess with the trans program could possabely over tq / power the trans in the lower gears , because u never will get full power that the motor can produce , is kinda self destruct programing also a tractor unlike a truck has extended periods of using high hp and tq pulling u tillage tools or what ever , u also wont see 30 k hrs on a tractor like u can with a truck , basically a tractor works more at the higher hp tq , witch shortens its life , they also protect u farmers so u get some life out of them by making the power band at a higher rpm or u guys would tear the bottom end out driving around at low rpm high tq thinking your saving fule like some i have seen done with
only to shorten engine life , if u trade every few years no wories , even the cats in the yellow have there limits and they have a stronger bottom end . also with that qsx running high tq like the isx u might end up with head problems , i dont know the differances , but its my under standing the qsx is just a off road isx with few major hard par differances .
any way your gonna pay one way or another in my opinion , higher rpm more fule but less stress not being at max tq should give u longer life , mind u u will need to find your sweet spot so to speek .
personaly i would only tune the epa mandate out of it and make it run like a non epa engine ,and u will get u better gal per acre and not be in the repair shop spending money and fixing even that might mess with u lower gear max power for each gear . also put triples on if u want more traction , u could also get a 600 hp big bud cheeper , though not as plush or nice , but the seed in the ground dont know the differance , any way thats just my 2 cents
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
cummins x15 - RPM1 - 01-12-2017,
RE: cummins x15 - RPM1 - 01-12-2017,
RE: cummins x15 - RPM1 - 01-12-2017
RE: cummins x15 - RPM1 - 01-13-2017,
RE: cummins x15 - RPM1 - 01-13-2017,
RE: cummins x15 - Rig Wrench - 02-14-2017,
RE: cummins x15 - arch_stanton - 08-29-2017,
RE: cummins x15 - Squish099 - 02-23-2017,
RE: cummins x15 - Rig Wrench - 02-23-2017,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.