Fresh air actuator location
01-12-2017, (Subject: Fresh air actuator location ) 
Fresh air actuator location
I have a 2010 lone star. I am constantly getting fresh air through the vents. I am sure it is an actuator, but I am not sure of the location. From what I have read on this forum, it could be under the hood on the firewall. It would be nice to know for sure before I tear my bottom dash apart on the passenger side. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
replyreply
01-12-2017, (Subject: Fresh air actuator location ) 
RE: Fresh air actuator location
(01-12-2017 )RSCTRANS Wrote:  I have a 2010 lone star. I am constantly getting fresh air through the vents. I am sure it is an actuator, but I am not sure of the location. From what I have read on this forum, it could be under the hood on the firewall. It would be nice to know for sure before I tear my bottom dash apart on the passenger side. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

call dealer service and ask them wear it is , if they dont want help u in any way , never buy parts from them again, when i want a quick answer on something simple thats what i do
replyreply
 Thanks given by: RSCTRANS
01-14-2017, (Subject: Fresh air actuator location ) 
(01-12-2017 )RSCTRANS Wrote:  I have a 2010 lone star. I am constantly getting fresh air through the vents. I am sure it is an actuator, but I am not sure of the location. From what I have read on this forum, it could be under the hood on the firewall. It would be nice to know for sure before I tear my bottom dash apart on the passenger side. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

The fresh air actuator is located under the hood. It is attached to the fresh air intake box. You will need to remove the cowl, the plastic piece that has the hood rubber bumper on it. It is just a few screws. If you are standing at the front of the truck it is attached on the right side of the box. It is a different actuator than the ones under the dash and in the sleeper. BUT! There is always fresh air blowing through, been trough this myself. You cannot shut off the air coming into the cab, been through this myself. Close the air vents on the dash or turn the temp control to heat if you are getting cold... It is Winter.

Side note, these under hood actuators rarely fail. The other ones, dash/sleeper, very common.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , RSCTRANS
01-14-2017, (Subject: Fresh air actuator location ) 
My actuator did not fail on mine. It was the plastic link connecting the door to the actuator had fallen off lol. It was a pain to reconnect though. Talk about a tight spot.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: RSCTRANS

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.