Injector replacement didn't solve my issue, thoughts?
01-19-2017, (Subject: Injector replacement didn't solve my issue, thoughts? ) 
RE: Parking lot injector replacement
10-4! Thanks for the nail tip. I used one of my little prybars, it popped them slick as butter.
Well my injector bubble tester came in today at 11:30, so I walked over to KW and picked it up. I did the bubble test and the same two injectors that were leaking previously were still the only ones leaking. Better to test than guess.
Out came the rocker shafts, cleaned the oil out of the head as best as a turkey baster can, wiped, and wiped, and wiped, and pulled the two culprit injectors. Bores looked nice & clean, as best I could tell with a flashlight and no boroscope. Walked back over to KW and swapped them two leaky ones for two Genuine Premium ReMan, whatever the hell that means, and walked back to Morton's T/S and popped two shiny new all coated in Vaseline injectors into their bores. Clamped & torqued them down to spec, and cleaned up because the sun was setting. I put a towel over the motor and closed the hood, and put a towel and plastic bag over the rocker cover and shafts for the night.
I want to make sure I do a very thorough job of properly cleaning out the rocker shaft bolt holes before I reinstall them. And I want good daylight, not gloomy parking lot lamp light to do the valve adjustment correctly.
Snailexpress says he should be by sometime tomorrow morning with the correct torque wrench to properly set the injector pre-load, and I should be good as, well I can be...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Running rough , fargonaz , gatow900

Messages In This Thread
RE: Parking lot injector replacement - Hammerhead - 01-19-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.