Injector replacement didn't solve my issue, thoughts?
01-20-2017, (Subject: Injector replacement didn't solve my issue, thoughts? ) 
RE: Parking lot injector replacement
First off, big thanks to snailexpress! He stopped by the T/S today and handed me an in/lb dial torque wrench to set my injector pre-load! Thank you!

Now, this sucks! The sound I was hearing is still there. I'm stuck and am looking for help.
The noise I hear sounds kind of like a miss or cold fire piston knock, it comes in about 1475 through 1650 rpm with over 20psi of boost. You can still hear it above 1650, but it's not nearly as crisp/sharp.
To me it sounds like a slight miss, which was why I thought injector. It may well still be.
I did an injector cut out test while driving. And it isn't distinguishable enough to positively say "Yes, when I cutout number X, it doesn't change so that's it.
So I did the cylinder cutout test while parked, and yes it will run on one cylinder at a time, each cylinder individually.
I did the "Cylinder performance test" in Insite, it passed all 6 cyls.
I did the injector leak test in Insite, all 6 passed.
I used SomeTerm to override the turbo to 90% closing and couldn't find any leaks.
I did the injector bubble test, and the same two injectors that I knew were leaking previously were still the only two leaking. #2 made a small bubble while barring, #6 would only move the water line, no bubble.
Number 2 & 6 injectors were replaced.
Everything all adjusted up and test drive, the sound is still there.
As stated in my previous post, I noticed about a 3-4 psi boost drop. The pyro was slightly higher than baseline. And the coolant and oil seem to heat up faster than before. I added 2 jugs of PS Diesel Kleen in Wells, NV. The sound never went away, but I noticed by boost was back to normal, and power seemed to return. I fueled again in Hesperia, CA and again added 2 jugs of PS Diesel Kleen. After delivering in LA and running empty back out to Hesperia, I noticed boost and power down again. This was why I was fairly certain of an injector being fowled up.

Any thoughts or advise for directions?
It's raining here right now, when it stops I am going to unplug the actuators and connect Insite to observe the gear pump fuel pressure. Am I barking up the wrong tree?

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz

Messages In This Thread
RE: Parking lot injector replacement - Hammerhead - 01-20-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.