Injector replacement didn't solve my issue, thoughts?
01-21-2017, (Subject: Injector replacement didn't solve my issue, thoughts? ) 
RE: Injector replacement didn't solve my issue, thoughts?
(01-20-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  No drilling has occurred in my tanks.
How would you suggest I check for air suction on the road?
I don't pack my whole shop with me, I try but it just won't all fit.
The fuel tank suction lines are pretty easy for me to check, I have tank isolator valves so I can Shh one off at a time and go try it.
There are no fuel leaks at on or around the actuators, ECM cooling plate are connections that are visible.

At some point when your truck is no longer reliable and running healthy, you have to face the fact that you may need to shut it down and fix it instead of trying to patch it on the roads. -- I.E. bobtail or run it empty to where you can work on it properly, or go get it fixed somewhere correctly. -- Hell,.. for all you know, you may have a spun/weak bearing, or bent rod, or a slipped cam, although I am leaning towards what some of the the other guys say, ... You likely have air getting in the fuel system, or an injector that has partially failed, etc.- it could even be a fouled metering or timing actuator.

==========

I had someone over not too long ago that had a CM870 with low boost, ran like crap, etc. .. and swore it was the programming or a derate that no one could pinpoint. I told him that it was not likely, after all he had done,.. and that he likely had a leak somewhere. -- He had a brand new CAC, and a lot of other work done, including a new turbo put on. -- He took it to Mr.Hag and had entire engine pressure tested and it revealed he had a massive leak in that brand new CAC unit. -- Point being, that something may have failed, but not enough for you to find while tinkering with it on the road at idle.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Injector replacement didn't solve my issue, thoughts? - Rawze - 01-21-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.