Injector replacement didn't solve my issue, thoughts?
01-31-2017, (Subject: Injector replacement didn't solve my issue, thoughts? ) 
RE: Injector replacement didn't solve my issue, thoughts?
It sounds like a miss, but it now has 6 reman injectors and runs smooth as can be.
But the knock is still there. I've limped it home, and since it only does it above 1450 under load, I am putting it on the dyno this morning to see if I can narrow down where source is coming from.
Both snailexpress & DRISX came for test rides with me while I was chasing it thinking it was injectors and fuel related. They both agree this appears to be mechanical in nature.
Base timing (cams) has been confirmed to be correct.
Is there a way to "test" the crank position sensor, or must it be replaced to confirm?
I am under the impression that there are two crank position sensors, so if one fails the secondary can take over, but it will throw a code. When test driving we had Insite connected and these sensors had no issues noted in the data monitor.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Injector replacement didn't solve my issue, thoughts? - Hammerhead - 01-31-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.