Injector replacement didn't solve my issue, thoughts?
02-01-2017, (Subject: Injector replacement didn't solve my issue, thoughts? ) 
RE: Injector replacement didn't solve my issue, thoughts?
(02-01-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  Was the one that caused the trouble an OEM? or an after-market brand?

I haven't thought about it, but an unbalanced crank shaft damper could possibly also cause excess vibration to the crank tone wheel. That can in turn throw off the crank position sensor, making it run rougher and amplify the problem at certain rpms.

Both Camstyn & I have Vibratech dampers. Since we changed ours at essentially the same time in Alberta, we are wondering if possibly Vibratech had a bad batch, or because there is no date code on them, that perhaps we ended up with old stock.
This is purely speculation, but I do know of several guys that have Vibratech dampers on for several years with no issues. The shop I did the dyno run at said they diagnose a damper failure with the dyno about once a year, with about an equal split OEM/AM and failures with this brand in Camstyn & I's short time frame rare.
I called my Vegas host and told him the results, and he agreed, he also ruled damper out because he saw that it was new. He said he's glad I limped it home and did the dyno run, because no Vegas shops have a dyno anymore and we would have ended up pulling the oil pan, front gear cover, compressor, and god knows what trying to chase it.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , snailexpress , Rawze , stevesparts , Texasdude74

Messages In This Thread
RE: Injector replacement didn't solve my issue, thoughts? - Hammerhead - 02-01-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.