Getting my own authority....sick of this crap.
01-19-2017, (Subject: Getting my own authority....sick of this crap. ) 
RE: Getting my own authority....sick of this crap.
I ran under my fathers and my father in laws authority for years. Have never been leased to anyone. In june of 2016 me and my best friend started our own authority. Insurance on 3 trucks is 2800.00 a month. 1,000,000 liability, 100,000 cargo. Most bigger brokers will not take you until you have 6 months, and a lot a year. CH amd TQL will take you right out of the box. JB 6 months, Landstar 1 year. Lot of smaller ones don't care. I dispatch myself and 3 other trucks, usually run around 3000 miles a week myself. I have been doing this for a long time, so its just another day for me. Don't let some of these guys make it sound so damn hard because its not. I cant comment on leasing on with companies, have never done it, but finding your own freight is not hard. Knowing where to be and when to be there, where to go and not to go is what makes or breaks you. Big money to go to some areas, but there is a catch. Usually little money to come out. Some areas are hot certain times of yhe year and dead the others. PM or call me if you still have my number, I will help you all I can. 90 percent of brokers will pay within 24 hours with clean bills for 1.5 percent. Factoring companys will pay same day for 5. Now every one will say your throwing money away with factoring but with a good one you can make up around 3 percent with fuel savings. That puts you at around 2 percent and getting your cash the same day. On your own you will pay cash price at pump, with top tier on Comdata on average .30 pf cash price at major truck stops. What works for someone else may not work for you. You have to find your own groove. You have to have a logistical mind, not everyone does. You have to be a good business man, not everyone is. Do not pay someone big money to get your authority, there is a lot of rip offs. It is not hard and does not cost very much at all to get DOT an MC numbers. I personally know of a lady that can get you everything you need if you don't want to do it yourself. She will also do IFTA, cab cards, registration everything if you want. Most of it is really simple stuff. It is not rocket science to truck under your own authority and make a good living. I know some dumb bastards who do pretty damn good. Loading a truck and keeping it going is an art like anything else. Hell you wanna run the UP to Cincy area give me a call. Got more damn hay than we can haul. Once you take the plunge you will ask yourself why in the hell didn't I do this a long time ago. Does not take anymore money to run for yourself than it does to run under some one else. If you don't make it, what have you lost? Go sign back up with someone and truck it up. I don't mean to sound cocky but some people are making this out to be so damn hard, and you got to have all this damn money, you don't. You are done in the trucking business, you are not starting out from scratch. I don't understand why more people don't run for themselves. Different strokes for different folks. I will help you or anyone else all I can and share my experience with you. Good luck.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: in2trux , Rawze , Texasdude74 , hhow55 , Hammerhead , t700 , Kid Rock , zero4

Messages In This Thread
RE: Getting my own authority....sick of this crap. - axe - 01-19-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.