Getting my own authority....sick of this crap.
01-19-2017, (Subject: Getting my own authority....sick of this crap. ) 
RE: Getting my own authority....sick of this crap.
(01-18-2017 )ashdan2010 Wrote:  What do you plan to haul when you get your own authority.van.reefer.flatbed? They all pay different and if you don't have a good relationship with a broker already. You will be hauling cheap freight and you can't make it out here hauling cheap freight. I've been doing this a long time and I have good months and bad months. You will go broke using load boards. You need to research and find small brokers they will pay more and also help you find back hauls. There is alot to having your own authority it's not as easy as some people may lead you to believe.

This is not true. You can make it off of load boards, I have done it and am doing it. The trick is knowing what to haul, when to haul it. You don't go to South TX with a dry van in August, but from March till July I can get as much per mile with my dry van as the reefer guy. It is not hard people, it is easy. If you done have your own equipment what do you have to loose? If you see your not sharp enough to make put the damn truck back on with someone!!!!! What have you lost? Another thing what is a backhaul? Do you just want to go out and back to the same place? Running off load board you go were the money is, you research what is available in the area a load you are interested in is. If there is no freight or it is cheap then you better get damn good money to go there or don't go. For most parts of the year I will not take a dry van into FL for less than 3.00 a mile, but when melons are running I will go for 1.50. Lack of freight or lack of brokers not loading you because you are new is not the problem. Knowing were to go and when is. Research that damn load board like you do Rawze.com when your cel is on.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: in2trux , Rawze , snailexpress , Texasdude74 , t700 , Kid Rock

Messages In This Thread
RE: Getting my own authority....sick of this crap. - axe - 01-19-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.