2014 isx vibration
04-01-2016, (Subject: 2014 isx vibration ) 
RE: 2014 isx vibration
If you get a chance to get it down this way, just south of Atlanta, I can help you at least determine what it is.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(04-01-2016 )race7820000 Wrote:  
(03-31-2016 )snailexpress Wrote:  
(03-31-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  Talked to him today, he has boost gauge now. It is only peaking about 32 psi. That is good for 2350 and now he knows it is not his problem.
Good to know what type vibration he has. Is it high frequency or somehow related with road speed. If it's high frequency like bzzzzzzzz vibration probably fuel pump or power steering pump or their gear.

I'm bad at sound effects but it starts out as a buzz up can feel on pedal,floor,steering wheel,shifter

But then it starts to shake like a out if Balance washing machine until u let off throttle then it goes away only to come back as soon as u press down on pedal again. If ur pulling a load

Then when ur at crusing speed and there's almost no throttle it sounds like there is a flat spot in a front tire, u can feel the noise if that makes sense?
Sounds very familiar. Do you have sometime knock in front area when you stop?
replyreply
actually when I hit brakes i can hear a pop coming from front end somewhere and it shakes goofy ...kinda sounds like a leaf spring pop. It does it sometimes when I turn, it did it yesterday so hard I could feel it through the floor like someone took a hammer and beat real hard from underneath....
replyreply
But then again the whole pos shakes lol
replyreply
(04-01-2016 )race7820000 Wrote:  actually when I hit brakes i can hear a pop coming from front end somewhere and it shakes goofy ...kinda sounds like a leaf spring pop. It does it sometimes when I turn, it did it yesterday so hard I could feel it through the floor like someone took a hammer and beat real hard from underneath....

Sounds like bad spring pins and shackles, Iv'e seen trucks with less than a 100,000 with bad pins. That would be easy to check and rule out.
replyreply
I'll check that out... I think I found the right tool to fix the problem though

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201604/post_1869_1459551514_a0accda129fc44e2e607976daa701107.jpg
replyreply
(04-01-2016 )race7820000 Wrote:  actually when I hit brakes i can hear a pop coming from front end somewhere and it shakes goofy ...kinda sounds like a leaf spring pop. It does it sometimes when I turn, it did it yesterday so hard I could feel it through the floor like someone took a hammer and beat real hard from underneath....
We have everything identical so far. Pete and Volvo.
What I did today. I have put remote camera on rear part of driveline and carrier bearing. Was little bit dumb how to set recording but myn eye didn't catch vibration. Tomorrow I'll set camera to monitor front part of drive line and steer axle.
Could you take a picture what kind of steer wheel bearing is on your truck.
Filled with oil or grease?
replyreply
(04-01-2016 )snailexpress Wrote:  
What I did today. I have put remote camera on rear part of driveline and carrier bearing. Was little bit dumb how to set recording but myn eye didn't catch vibration. Tomorrow I'll set camera to monitor front part of drive line and steer axle.
so the camera showed a vibration? And I'll be back home soon, I'll send a pic then. There's a center cap on it now lol
replyreply
(04-01-2016 )race7820000 Wrote:  
(04-01-2016 )snailexpress Wrote:  
so the camera showed a vibration? And I'll be back home soon, I'll send a pic then. There's a center cap on it now lol
No it was No visible vibration on rear part of drive line and bearing. Tomorrow will check front part, yoke close view, engine mounts if weather permits. i'm not sure camera is waterproof
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.