?Injector replacement?
01-24-2017, (Subject: ?Injector replacement? ) 
?Injector replacement?
Ok after doing an injector leak test with the plate that mounts on the fueling actuator locations I get bubbles on the front and back sets. Both fall between B-C/C-A. So I have injectors 1,6,2,5 making bubbles. Im calling about replacements now with Cummins. They have re-man and new.
So questions are:
1: So Re-Man or New. If Re-man are there certain brands that are safe/more reliable than others?
2: Should I just get the 4 or just do all 6. (I'm broke either way, so "whatever you can afford" doesn't help me as I really can't afford it in the first place, but doing something twice and being down again not making money makes things even less affordable, ya know) Its been my experience in the past that mixing new with old usually make the old go bad. Like doing a top end rebuild on a car and it makes the bottom blow out. So will only replacing the 4 affect the remaining 2?
3: Is there some kind of programming in the ECM that needs to be done after replacing 1 or more injectors. I watched the injector video but did not see/hear anything about using insite or any other required programming. 1 shop said they could put them in, but it would still have to go to Cummins to be programmed.
replyreply
RE: ?Injector replacement?
(01-24-2017 )Grizzly Wrote:  Ok after doing an injector leak test with the plate that mounts on the fueling actuator locations I get bubbles on the front and back sets. Both fall between B-C/C-A. So I have injectors 1,6,2,5 making bubbles. Im calling about replacements now with Cummins. They have re-man and new.
So questions are:
1: So Re-Man or New. If Re-man are there certain brands that are safe/more reliable than others?
2: Should I just get the 4 or just do all 6. (I'm broke either way, so "whatever you can afford" doesn't help me as I really can't afford it in the first place, but doing something twice and being down again not making money makes things even less affordable, ya know) Its been my experience in the past that mixing new with old usually make the old go bad. Like doing a top end rebuild on a car and it makes the bottom blow out. So will only replacing the 4 affect the remaining 2?
3: Is there some kind of programming in the ECM that needs to be done after replacing 1 or more injectors. I watched the injector video but did not see/hear anything about using insite or any other required programming. 1 shop said they could put them in, but it would still have to go to Cummins to be programmed.
What engine we are talking about?
870, 871 doesn't need Insite programming but 2250, 2350 does
Always better new nor re manufactured.
Replacing partially will not affect or destroy engine.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Grizzly
(01-24-2017 )snailexpress Wrote:  
(01-24-2017 )Grizzly Wrote:  Ok after doing an injector leak test with the plate that mounts on the fueling actuator locations I get bubbles on the front and back sets. Both fall between B-C/C-A. So I have injectors 1,6,2,5 making bubbles. Im calling about replacements now with Cummins. They have re-man and new.
So questions are:
What engine we are talking about?
870, 871 doesn't need Insite programming but 2250, 2350 does
Always better new nor re manufactured.
Replacing partially will not affect or destroy engine.
'09 ISX 871 is what I have.
Cummins is offering their re-man PX brand at $800 compared to new at $1390
replyreply
(01-24-2017 )Grizzly Wrote:  '09 ISX 871 is what I have.
Cummins is offering their re-man PX brand at $800 compared to new at $1390

Tell them to price them at dealer $580 each and you will buy all 6. That is the cost+10 pricing through paccar the last time I got them.

you don't need any ecm or re-programming work on a CM871 to replace injectors at all. That is only for newer engines.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Grizzly
01-25-2017, (Subject: ?Injector replacement? ) 
(01-24-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  Tell them to price them at dealer $580 each and you will buy all 6. That is the cost+10 pricing through paccar.

you don't need any ecm or re-programming work on a CM871 to replace injectors at all. That is only for newer engines.

Does it depend on your CPL?
Mine are 4088665PX with CPL 2919.
I paid 721.85 X 6 at KW in Vegas. If you know where I could get them for $580, I'll order them and return them here to get my money back for that much price difference.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
(01-25-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(01-24-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  Tell them to price them at dealer $580 each and you will buy all 6. That is the cost+10 pricing through paccar.

Does it depend on your CPL?
Mine are 4088665PX with CPL 2919.
I paid 721.85 X 6 at KW in Vegas. If you know where I could get them for $580, I'll order them and return them here to get my money back for that much price difference.

Call beaumont freightliner, they have always given me good prices. Last part I priced from them was a metering actuator, for $375. Josh is the guy I deal with.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
Cummins in [/i]Saginaw MI. Buy 5 get 1 free. Cant remember the exact price, my partner bought them there. Reman. I can get the price he paid if anyone interested, I'm thinking around $600.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Waterloo
02-03-2017, (Subject: ?Injector replacement? ) 
Get the new injectors, they come with a two year warranty. And then get rid of the F'n mandate! Bring it to my house, and bring the beer! We can do it in the driveway! Well, not now, Spring time... Pretty fucking cold out here right now... Honestly, I think your head is toast. When was the last time you did an overhead?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.