Isx cm2250
01-29-2017, (Subject: Isx cm2250 ) 
Isx cm2250
Just purchased a 2102 KW w/ ISX 450 CM2250
Been in shop six times already
Constant regens and codes etc
Last time at KW they reset the codes after a derate with engine stop
They also did regen with they said didn't pass and said I may need to replace the DPF filter
Drive 1000 miles in which I had to do 2-3 more regens when I stopped then stop engine and derate came came and I went to a shop and had DPF changed
Reset code / regen and drive 500 more miles
Engine ran great except Inlet pressure code came up
Also was getting 3.5-4 mpg
Parked truck in Vegas and am heading back on Tuesday
I watched alot of your videos on the egr tuneup etc
I am going to change the sensors and clean all the parts
Truck was recently pm'd with exception of air cleaner which I will change also
I am afraid of the dealers as they reset the codes and do the regens but do not clean or diagnose
If I am successful at the above do I need to go to a shop to reset the codes?
Do I need to regen?
This was really a good clean truck that I believe was never maintained properly
If you have any suggestions please forward
I will send updates
Thanks
Showmat
replyreply
 Thanks given by: overshot , fargonaz
RE: Isx cm2250
First and foremost read read read from all the great info that rawze put out on these motors.

You absolutely need to do egr tune-up, this will give you a starting point as to what you should expect further down the line with your after treatment system.

Pop your IMAP sensor out, you need a 10mm wrench, what does it look like, I'm guessing it is plugged? Has the egr cooler ever been replaced? Do you have any leaky exhaust component's? How about the after treatment injector or "7th injector" this causes lots of issues, is it red or silver? How bout the exhaust Mani? Wouldn't hurt to update your valve guide seals on the 2250 motors.

Their is countless posts that relate to your post so grab a seat and some coffee and start reading sir...

You can only reset and perform stationary regen using cummins insite

If you plan to keep this truck and not remove the mandate you need to purchase a laptop of you don't have one and pick up cummins insite and cummins quick serve if you plan to stay away from the stealerships
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , overshot , Rawze , gatow900
You did not state the model, mileage, etc.
I'd also get a bypass filter installed on that thing, like last week!
Perform an EGR tune up ASAP. Since it's used, it most likely has never had the sensors related to this changed. Don't bother cleaning them, replace them; Imap, delta-p (EGR diff press for intake, not DPF), exhaust gas back pressure sensor, remove and inspect the doser and be prepared to change it as well.
Run an overhead adjustment, and carefully inspect the cam and rocker roller followers while you're in there. Too bad you hadn't posted this a few days ago, I was hangin out in vegas, I could have taught you to run the O/H adjustment. I pack the tools with me to do it. All you need for a 2250 is an in/lb torque wrench with a 13mm crows foot, a ft/lb torque wrench with a 19mm crows foot, and a feeler gauge (with .014, .027(if it doesn't have this one, you can stack the .013 & .014 to make .027), and has a total of .276. As well as a 3/4" drive ratchet with a short extension.
That's your starting point.
If you intend to own this truck for a while, find a Chinese knock off Inline 5 datalink adapter with Insite 7.6.xx they're about $400 on eBay.
Oh yeah, I case you didn't catch it, read A LOT on this site.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: overshot , Rawze , gatow900
Do everything the above posters mentioned but I will add one more thing. Check the fuel pump for ceramic plungers. If they are in there and fail you'll be buying an engine.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , hhow55 , Waterloo , Rawze , gatow900
I knew I was gonna miss an important one...
Thanks for pickin up our slack Nilao.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: overshot
01-30-2017, (Subject: Isx cm2250 ) 
(01-29-2017 )Nilao Wrote:  Do everything the above posters mentioned but I will add one more thing. Check the fuel pump for ceramic plungers. If they are in there and fail you'll be buying an engine.
replyreply
So if it has the ceramic plungers what should I do?
replyreply
(01-29-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  You did not state the model, mileage, etc.
I'd also get a bypass filter installed on that thing, like last week!
Perform an EGR tune up ASAP. Since it's used, it most likely has never had the sensors related to this changed. Don't bother cleaning them, replace them; Imap, delta-p (EGR diff press for intake, not DPF), exhaust gas back pressure sensor, remove and inspect the doser and be prepared to change it as well.
Run an overhead adjustment, and carefully inspect the cam and rocker roller followers while you're in there. Too bad you hadn't posted this a few days ago, I was hangin out in vegas, I could have taught you to run the O/H adjustment. I pack the tools with me to do it. All you need for a 2250 is an in/lb torque wrench with a 13mm crows foot, a ft/lb torque wrench with a 19mm crows foot, and a feeler gauge (with .014, .027(if it doesn't have this one, you can stack the .013 & .014 to make .027), and has a total of .276. As well as a 3/4" drive ratchet with a short extension.
That's your starting point.
If you intend to own this truck for a while, find a Chinese knock off Inline 5 datalink adapter with Insite 7.6.xx they're about $400 on eBay.
Oh yeah, I case you didn't catch it, read A LOT on this site.
replyreply
2102 t700 KW 540,000 miles
What's a bypass filter?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.